Notices

back again

Old 05-18-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

back again

Am sorry i havent been around for the last few months i have been trying to go it alone because of shame really i went away from the recovery community to punish myself because of self hate i take CBD As it helps calm me i was unsure if people in AA with think am abusing drugs and i didn't want to face that CBD is Kinda like weed but is legal in the uk as its not making you high it just calms you down right now am not using very much of it but i have it in my vape
av not been to AA in months but things are starting to fall apart and am coming to the point where i want to use again but i haven't
unsure how long i have been Halloween last year since av used or drank
i want to go back to AA might go to a meeting on Sunday afternoon after church
Old 05-18-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi River

I think if you have a Dr on board with the CBD thats between you and the Dr - but if you're just using it off your own bat I'd run it by your Drs - you have a lot of other meds and medical conditions to consider.

There may, or may not, be interactions.

The fact something is legal is not always a recommendation or a guarantee - alcohol and tobacco are legal too.

D
Old 05-18-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i have an appointment with my psych on Tuesday i can talk to her about it ...its may not been a good idea to take it
Old 05-18-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Earth Child

in fact am not going to take it anymore
Old 05-18-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't make any decisions on my opinion or anyone elses here - talk to your Drs River

D
Old 05-18-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I see my psych on Tuesday but i think i'll stop it for my own self i want to look after myself more than i have been Day 0
Old 05-18-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi nice to meet you! From my understanding CBD is not psychoactive and has many health benefits for physical and mental health. Welcome back!
Old 05-18-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!

i agree with D.

the CBD craze overlooks the reality; it’s a drug, too..... and a little-researched drug at that. Using something without guidance or direction of a physician can put your sobriety at risk in my opinion.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will echo the doctor conversation suggestion as like Newbeginning 421 notes...it is the THC not the CBD that is psychoactive. Certain cannibas products are legal in Canada. I know from a friend with a multitude of painful knee issues she had sought out CBD tinctures for pain but was trying one with zero or next to zero THC. I know from just my conversations with her that there are all sorts of tinctures with varying levels of THC...from zero to half and half to more THC to CBD.

Ya...doctor is the route I'd go.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I get the overly cautious routine with addicts, but the simple fact is that CBD is 100% safe. Even if there is a very small (0.1-0,2%) thc level in it, it's still completely non-psychoactive. Non-THC CBD tincture is easily available, but finding a quality source is the tricky part.

If the tincture has higher concentrations of THC mentioned like Vale did (like a 1:1, that is not CBD oil. That is a THC ratio.