Notices

31 Days Today

Old 05-17-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

31 Days Today

31 days today. I haven't been posting as much, but still reading. I've been so busy this last month with so many activities wrapping up the school year for my kids. I've been feeling kind of blah the last few days. I don't want to drink, but I don't like the way I feel. I feel completely unmotivated to get anything done. Not sure if this is another wave of fatigue or what. I just want to go back under the covers once the kids leave for school. I'm also disappointed I haven't lost any weight as well. My husband says I look great, but I don't feel great. I just get nervous because these blahs are what always lead me back to drinking because I have the need to feel something, but I know I've tried that a million times and it doesn't work. I did go to my friend's daughter's bridal shower and wedding and had no desire to drink, especially after watching people at the open bar at the wedding. I could only think of how out of control and embarrassing I would be if I participated in endless drinks.

Still going to my online meetings and reading lots of recovery literature. Joined a neat little facebook sobriety group as well. I know I'm still in very early sobriety, but I just hate this unmotivated feeling. I will take it day by day as I know I didn't get here overnight, I'm not expecting any miracles lol!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 31 days of sobriety. It could be that you are still healing from the effects of alcohol. Hopefully the depression will lift soon. If not, you might think about talking to your doctor about depression.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Anna. I’m under my doctor’s care for depression and anxiety. I’m wondering if I’m readjusting to my medications as well. When I was drinking I would skip taking medicine on the days I drank. I know, so stupid!! So I’ve been consistently on my meds for 31 days instead of here and there.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I had the blahs, depression, anxiety, agoraphobia, etc etc etc. Not sure it goes away as much as I got used to it and then it got better.

I kept wondering why do I feel crazy.

I learned it was brain damage from drinking. Parts of my brain may be dead forever. My brain had to learn to live without being bathed in a chemical soup sauna.

I didn't even find SR until I was 80 days clean. I was going insane.

SR saved my life.

It answered all my questions and gave me hope.

Hope and faith got me through so far.

I put on a brave face for the world and opened my heart routinely to my SR family.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job heres a chip for you

Old 05-17-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months!
Old 05-17-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Lucy

D
Old 05-17-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 31 days!
That's an entire lunar orbit around the earth and then some
Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-18-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ChloeBitsy

Hi Lucy I can relate. Boredom is a trigger for me too. I read a lot, run/gym (tires me out so I don’t feel bored!) but I’ve also noticed I’m starting to think of new things to be interested in...I’ve been talking about getting back to my childhood hobbies of writing, horse riding and swimming for years for example.
There is plenty we can do to fill our time but alcohol saps our motivation. One day we’ll be bored enough (and sober long enough) to do something about it
Old 05-18-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucy79 View Post
Thanks, Anna. I’m under my doctor’s care for depression and anxiety. I’m wondering if I’m readjusting to my medications as well. When I was drinking I would skip taking medicine on the days I drank. I know, so stupid!! So I’ve been consistently on my meds for 31 days instead of here and there.
Not necessarily. Supposedly alcohol prohibits the effects of anti depressants and such anyway. So it's rather pointless to take them and drink at the same time. As alcoholics, our body is already deficient of so many vitamins and minerals...we simply don't absorb them. The same applies to prescriptions.