Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Shorts, Tops, sun cream, Sober Tool Box - Weekenders 17 - 20 May 2019

Notices

Shorts, Tops, sun cream, Sober Tool Box - Weekenders 17 - 20 May 2019

Old 05-18-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

What's up weekend Warriors! Speaking of which, GO WARRIORS!!

I haven't posted here in a while which could only mean things are going well, maybe too well. Right now it's raining and cold and that always helps me stave off cravings- but even during the warm sunny days I've been doing relatively well.

Boredom has been creeping in, however, and that is always a red flag. So I thought I'd come by and contribute a little more. Now I'm off to the gym so I can hurry back and watch The Dubs SMASH The Blazers haha JK Portland fans

I hope you're all well!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Water Ox boredom always gets me too. Good luck with the game tonight. I'm a Raps fan, but they seem to be following in the Leafs footsteps- choke artists. Sigh.

Anyway I think I've made it through today. I can walk better too, so hopeful I can run tomorrow. It was one of my toes that got the worst of it. It is still discoloured but not as painful. The pain actually woke me up last night, I was surprised how bad it was. But it's been 24 hours and improved.

Have a good night all.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you WaterOx.

Wow! It's 1am Sunday. Late for me. There was a group of guys at the Indian restaurant who had obviously had a drink or three but were not obnoxious or anything. A couple of them decided to order Chicken Phall - the hottest dish on the menu. They both left 90% of it on their plates. I knew it was going to be too hot for them when four waiters came out with fire extinguishers.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yesterday when I was really struggling, I found this article and watch this video (scroll down). It was very motivating to me. The woman’s story helped me feel better about my emotions and challenges early in sobriety.
https://www.adrianakupresak.com/one-...-stayed-sober/
Old 05-18-2019, 08:15 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Rough day today but made it. Thanks all for being here. Sober for Saturday and ready for Sunday.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Look after your foot Mari
The garden looks good VM
Adelaide is getting much needed rain
The birds are going bunta- Lorakeets and minor birds and maggies mainly. The bloudy minor birds- they land on my canna's and break the stalks off them. .
Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsmaria View Post
Water Ox boredom always gets me too. Good luck with the game tonight. I'm a Raps fan, but they seem to be following in the Leafs footsteps- choke artists. Sigh.

Anyway I think I've made it through today. I can walk better too, so hopeful I can run tomorrow. It was one of my toes that got the worst of it. It is still discoloured but not as painful. The pain actually woke me up last night, I was surprised how bad it was. But it's been 24 hours and improved.

Have a good night all.
Yeah those Bucks scare me!! I hope the Raps get 'em but Toronto is definitely the underdog. Heck without Kevin Durant even we will be considered the underdog!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning all

As usual I went to bed with big plans for today ~ car boot sales and long country walks, but feel too tired. My sleep is so restless I wake up exhausted.

Unlike you saouchik, out till all hours in drunken curry houses ..Hope you had a nice evening.

Dpac hope you have a better day. Those pesky cravings can come out of nowhere.

Nice to see you Water Ox.

Hang in there mariposa.

Hope you get a run today itsmaria.

Phoenix your poor Canna's. Most of my flowers don't survive my dogs trampling them in their constant bird and squirrel hunt!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just something beautiful I discovered, runs 10:27, so peaceful:

Spiegel im Spiegel for Cello and Piano (Arvo Pärt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe3mXlnfNc

Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a good day Weekenders

Sun’s shining here.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders
Sunday night here and I’m exhausted after a busy weekend. Off to bed nice and early.
I hope you’re all getting through the weekend ok. Some days are tougher than others. Hang in there, one day at a time.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a different version but I love Avro Part Caramel - thank you

D
Old 05-19-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hope you can get a runin today itsmaria. It the toe is still bothering you, you can still get out somewere nice and just do core excersises, it contributes to you running goals.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

We bought a new vanity with sink and faucet yesterday. So now I have the added of swapping sinks in the ensuite with the one that was in the main bathroom as its a nicer one.

Besides getting a first coat of color down, I also managed to sand down the inside of the medicine cabinet and get two coats of white on it. (It was a drab grey). Todays goal, more paint everywere and get started on the base boards. But I also need to cut the lawn.

Busy, busy, how did I ever find time for drinking? Oh yea, I never did anything else.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I got out for a few hours. I went to a nature reserve, it was very tranquil, just me and my dog. There was no one else there as it is a little out of the way.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Looks so peaceful Kaily.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yes it was Mags, then I came home and had a nap.

How is your Sunday?
Old 05-19-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

It’s good thanks. Quiet, I haven’t been anywhere today. Nice and peaceful.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good afternoon 🌞 I got the gym out of the way before noon, house is clean and today is a pool day with my husband. I struggle with the pool/beach being sober. I always equate those places with drinking, which is gross if I really think about it.... smell of hot beer, being all dehydrated out in hot sun 🤢 So water 💦 for me today and I’ll leave if it bothers me too much
Old 05-19-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

mariposa, I think I made up all kinds of romantic stories about alcohol. The beach! drink!

Dinner out/drink!

Parties - drink.

Baseball games

Fun with friends

You get the idea.

In fact, it was everything BUT the alcohol that were the fun parts of all of that. One drink, maybe fun. I don't quit at one drink. So it's really about ten drinks and then forgetting what even happened at the party. And being sick afterwards and afraid something might have happened that shouldn't have happened. Even worse, when that something actually DID happen and I had to face the fallout.

Play that tape all the way through that drink. That One Drink is what causes all the drama.

It's really good you have a plan for water (to drink) and an escape. That's how we do it!

Signed,
Sober Toolbox
And don't forget the sunscreen