Notices

Same and predictable

Old 05-21-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fall down seven times, get up eight, oldskate
Old 05-25-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Very new to this situation 4 days sober again try to stay determined. Going through alot of emotions very sad then happy about my separation. I picked up my daughter yesterday to stay with me this weekend and my wife was hugging me and kept talking to me when I did . I felt that spark again and stayed calm. Now today I'm so very sad I have no idea if it is myself getting sober or I miss my wife so much. Or both very stressful dealing with sobriety in this situation. I am determined to get sober though not for her but my happiness. I have so many things all coming to me at once to deal with. Not seeing my daughter again so I can work overtime to finish my lease. Finding a new place I can afford by myself. Manage my money to the t so I can eat. Dealing with my wife and daughter an hour away and her already in a new school. Dealing with all our family memories as I live in this house and driving around town. Dealing with me believing she is having an affair and her saying she doesnt know if she wants a divorce all thease mixed signals. I'm just a wreck. Everyone says give her time and just be nice and dont explode with emotions lol. Im getting sober my will power for emotions are weak. Idk sorry for rambling just lost in my head.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got sober and had a whole mountain of debris to deal with oldskate - it's tough but it's doable...pick up a little bit of debris every week and you'll get there

You'll always find a lot of support here. Why not join our Class of May support thread?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

Its for everyone quitting this month

D
Old 10-17-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It has come to a hard and horrible conclusion. My wife passed away due to an overdose of heroin.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oldskate View Post
It has come to a hard and horrible conclusion. My wife passed away due to an overdose of heroin.
I'm so sorry, Oldskate. This forum is open 24/7. Keep posting, we're here.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can stay sober so you can take good care of your daughter and yourself.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oldskate View Post
Just terrible to read this. So sorry and my thoughts are with you and your daughter.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just terrible. I can’t imagine your emotions right now. But remember that thoughts don’t have to turn into actions.

Make a modest list every day of things you can accomplish. Don’t expect too much of yourself at this time. Just do not, under any circumstances, take a drink. Please ask for help.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’m sorry to read that your wife passed. But how and where is your four year old daughter, who was living with your wife?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Awful news, Oldskate. I will pray for you & your daughter. I hope you'll stay here with us & keep talking - we care about you.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

OldSkate, I am very sorry for the loss of your wife.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to read your tragic and devastating news. I know that there is probably nothing anyone can say that will help but I felt I must send you my condolences. Really hope your little girl is safe and that you can be with her. And, eventually, share some good memories of her mum with her.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your loss Oldskate.

I hope you'll let us help with support - you and your daughter don't need to face this alone.

D
Old 10-17-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the support. My daughter turned 5 she has been living with me for a couple months.her mom was on a train wreck of abuse of acholic and drugs. Few weeks ago we were patching everything up she was completely sober and I was too. She was staying at her moms house to be with her sister visiting and they decided to party and she passed at her moms. I spoke to her the night before and she was in good spirits talking about our future together. It was a huge shock. My emotions are self blame wish I could have saved her sorrow for my daughter and mad that she was so selfish to even try that again. My baby girl is with me it is hard to say the least.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are no words really oldskate - but we have your back.

D
Old 10-17-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I haven't been on here in a while, and read your thread. I'm so sorry you're having to go through such pain and losing your wife. My heart hurts for you and your daughter. I wish you strength and peace.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If I could tell you the whole story it would be a movie. I loved my wife she had issues with addiction. Myself as well we got sober had a beautiful baby girl and life looked good. Sadly some of us wont take the help offered. No matter how much money or love/ resources we have you cant change anyone. She didnt want to die it's like only one more drink to us. Or we say we can drive we are sober enough it's not ok. It didnt wreck my life but right now as I look at the stars she wrecked me. Dont be that person that your loved ones cant look at the stars without sadness instead of wonder.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oldskate, i’m so very sorry to read of this death of your wife and the how of it.
i hope you will accept and look for whatever help you need.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oldskate, I am so sorry about the loss of your wife. Addiction definitely steals way too many. You and your daughter are in my prayers.❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

As painful as this is oldskate it shouldn't be the end of your story or your daughters.

As wrecked and sad as you feel, and as understandable as that is, I just want to remind you there is still a future for the both of you - please don't let despair make you lose sight of that.