Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hi new to posting here Borderline personality no real family but very optimistic!

Notices

Hi new to posting here Borderline personality no real family but very optimistic!

Old 05-22-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

12 days! - what wonderful news, Newbeginning.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 13 had an energy spike but feeling kind of tired again, body is still adjusting I guess. A bit frustrating being so tired as there are a lot of things I want to start doing but can't muster up the energy to do so. Still procrastinating a bit but starting to overcome it. Want to start heading to the gym. I know this procrastination is the main risk to my sobriety hopefully I am able to overcome it. Sitting around always leads to the thought well we are not getting anything done anyway might as well have a drink or two.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wow the days are adding up nicely now NB.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay the course NB - things get better

D
Old 05-24-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 14 has begun and though I have a good amount of stress going on but it is only further motivating me to stay sober. Guess having a mother who you tell you are moving out and have been helping out with rent and such steals 1800 out of your bank account is not a great person of support. Not to mention if you confront her about her hoarding and being a slob awful with her own finances she tells you to go to bar. She really is a disgusting human being who will never change. She is in her 60s and is the definition of hopeless, just unbelievably frustrating given well she is still my mom.
I know as alcoholics we must all take responsibility for our own actions but until the last few years with BPD I really had no shot of overcoming this. My emotional swings were way too large. Thanks for everyone who has been listening to me rant as this thread has helped me stay the course!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks
can you move out NB?

D
Old 05-24-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 2 weeks
can you move out NB?

D
Maybe in September, the friend i was going to move out with though is a bartender and drinks heavy though! Feeling kind of tempted to drink tonight as it is a long weekend need to remain vigilant today
Old 05-24-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah moving out with a heavy drinker would bring it's own setof problems. Hope you can find a third option.

Keep posting here - lots of folks around for support right across the weekend

D
Old 05-24-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

He is a smart dude and we are good friends and we have a lot in common. Don't want to move out to a strangers place. Don't feel his drinking would really tempt me maybe could even help is out
Old 05-24-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes good friends with the same problem lead each other astray too.
Lived that, seen it happen here too.

But...its your call absolutely.
Best wishes with whatever you decide

D
Old 05-24-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi NB
Congrats on 2 weeks.

I am nearly 7 months sober and I know I couldn't stay that way if I was living with constant temptation of a friend drinking. I just couldn't.

Your in a difficult situation, out of the frying pan and into the fire. As Dee says I hope another option comes along.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 15 and all I want to do is sleep soooo tired. Happy it is a long weekend. Probably should go to Dr to get thyroid check and just general test done as it has been almost 3 years.Need to make my health my number 1 priority. Also need to be patient as it is only day 15. Compared to my entire drinking and drug career 15 days is nothing. Was also doing 3-4 8 balls a week of blow so sure my body is recalibrating and saying where is my energy. Was thinking about picking up one last night and just staying off alcohol but quickly realized how insane that was!
Old 05-25-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Keep saving your money that you would have spent on drink and drugs. I think Priority #1 for me would be getting my own place. Even in this really expensive city I was able to support myself on a fairly low-paying job and then I bought my own place a few years on.

It's well worth it to be self-sufficient even if it means taking on a second part-time job. Busy hands are happy hands - or some such thing.

Congrats on the sober time. Keep it going, it's the way to freedom.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Keep saving your money that you would have spent on drink and drugs. I think Priority #1 for me would be getting my own place. Even in this really expensive city I was able to support myself on a fairly low-paying job and then I bought my own place a few years on.

It's well worth it to be self-sufficient even if it means taking on a second part-time job. Busy hands are happy hands - or some such thing.

Congrats on the sober time. Keep it going, it's the way to freedom.
Yeah One of the main reasons funny enough that I stayed was helping her with her bills now i am broke go figure ha. As long as I can stay sober literally not worried about money at all as I know it will come rolling in! Just thought about how much i have been spending on drugs and alcohol over the last year
Old 05-26-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 16 ! Went a bit overboard with supplements and that stuff yesterday but at the same time not really. I feel eating a good diet and re-balancing my body is important to maintain my sobriety. Also noticed this will be my 60th post already! Feel making an account and keeping active in the forums instead of lurking as a guest the last few years has made a world of difference. I grow stronger by the day and the massive intense cravings are passing. Wake up calls and disaster events made me realize I had an obvious drinking problem but never scared me into sobriety. My real strength this time around is coming from the desire to just be the best possible me and very little to do with alcohol itself. Can't think of a situation where drinking would be of value. The attitude of oh man I wish I could drink like others literally has not crossed my mind at all this time around.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Excellent. And yeah, participating on the forum is important to me. Every time I post it reconfirms my commitment. Plus this a good place to just work things through and get outside opinions.

Inside my own head was the problem.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

day 16 is great! great job on the self care too.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Going to Move to May class 2019

Day 17! Feeling good. Head feels a bit strange as brain seems to be working at much higher capacity and probably does not know what is going on ha! I want to thank everyone for listening to me in this thread and with the great advice could not have stayed sober otherwise. Going to let this thread die and continue posting daily in the May Class of 2019.