Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hi new to posting here Borderline personality no real family but very optimistic!

Notices

Hi new to posting here Borderline personality no real family but very optimistic!

Old 05-17-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have been to AA and have read the big book. While I am not apart of AA or religious I do consider myself spiritual and believe in something greater than myself. I want to live a life where I make a positive difference to the world . Whether life itself has a purpose or not is irrelevant to me now. Feeling connection to others vs individual hedonistic desires is the reason I want to be sober as I can't do the positive things i want to do as a drunk. This wanting to do positive gives me purpose
Old 05-17-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

7 days - how fabulous.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week newbeginning421

D
Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

congrats!!

welcome as well x
Old 05-18-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 8 my energy levels are picking up a bit and can clearly see my brain is functioning better then it did a week ago. No longer feel like plopping myself in front of the TV due to exhaustion but want to start making active changes today. Really need to do some spring cleaning as this place is a god awful mess. I feel I will use this site as my primary way of recovery as in general kind of sick of people at the moment and I am sure they are sick of me ha. Oh how fast I have matured from a crazy youth to a bitter old man
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Earth Child

hi i have BPD too and its day0 for me your doing well well done on day 7
Old 05-18-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by River View Post
hi i have BPD too and its day0 for me your doing well well done on day 7
Thanks! I know it can be tough with BPD as our goals and attitude can shift greatly day to day or even hour to hour. Alcohol especially pushes us to the extremes since our mood is all over place which can be especially bad. Have you tried DBT at all? Was thinking about looking into that as I hear it really helps
Old 05-18-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Am waiting to hear if am getting DBT or something else i have an appointment with my psych on Tuesday going to ask her
Old 05-18-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just saw your Icon on mindfulness. Guess I answered my own question!
Old 05-19-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 9! Was feeling a bit tempted last night but my willpower and anger are strong. Not sure anger is a good thing to keep one sober but for now it is working for me.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 9 newbeginning. I think angers pretty common in early recovery. As long as we don't use it for an excuse to drink...

D
Old 05-20-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 10 has arrived continuing to feel better and stronger. Even though 10 days is not long it is very rare that i even make it this long. I think something that has helped me as well this time around is that I don't want to be a social drinker. Forget the fact that was very unlikely to happen but the thought always lingered. Which i think is a common fall from sobriety well maybe I can now socially drink. One can never be at ones best when drinking even a few drinks. I know the next day I would often feel a bit slow and tired less energy and would not get much done the nights you do drink you don't get much done anyway. The thought of being my best and social drinking just don't go together. Putting aside the road of disaster and craziness that would occur when drunk. Thought I might share that as it a realization that has really helped me this time around
Old 05-20-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

One can never be at ones best when drinking even a few drinks.
The best me, hands down, is sober me
Congrats on 10 days Newbeginning

D
Old 05-20-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 10 NB!
When I first got sober, it was easy for me to pass up social drinking. I always felt awkward and would say stupid embarrassing things I’d remember later. It was the later drinking in isolation triggered by life stress that became more difficult for me to give up. But ultimately I did and I enjoy my sober life much better all the way around. I did have to learn new coping skills because stopping drinking didn’t by itself stop all my life problems. Life can be hard all by itself as I’m sure you know. What has helped me to stay sober is practicing regular meditation, yoga, gratitude and exercise. I focus on my health and well being in general.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

welcome
Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 11 and still going strong. A bit less angry, I think the phrase forgive but never forget is a good one in this regard. Think one of my biggest issues of my sobriety is procrastination. Procrastination and putting off work that needs to get done often has led me to drinking. Any tips in that department? Also pretty disgusted with Game of Thrones season 7 but especially 8, why can't us alcoholics have nice things! Ha half joking about Game of Thrones
Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am the worlds best procrastinator and always have been. I say to myself do do do it now and while I'm doing it I say there you're doing it, and when I've done it I say there you go it's done! Then I sit down and watch Netflix for another two hours haha.
PS everyone is going nuts about how GOT ended, furious! Glad I've never seen it I won't bother now....
Old 05-21-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I am the worlds best procrastinator and always have been. I say to myself do do do it now and while I'm doing it I say there you're doing it, and when I've done it I say there you go it's done! Then I sit down and watch Netflix for another two hours haha.
PS everyone is going nuts about how GOT ended, furious! Glad I've never seen it I won't bother now....
First 6 seasons are amazing season 7 in ok and season 8 not sure the English language has an appropriate adjective to describe season 8 actually stopped to think when typing lets just say awful.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 12, this is the longest I have been sober since 2016 when I had a bet with my friend that I could stop drinking for a month. Without a bet this is longest i have been sober in 5 years and before that probably since i was 16 32 now. Feeling a bit sick today not sure it has anything to do with body recovering from alcohol and drugs or a bug that is going around. Reaching a point where cravings are dying off which also happened around the 2nd week. Going to keep posting I guess since it has been working at helping me keep sober!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 12 Newbeginning!

D