Notices

Back to normality 🙌

Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to normality 🙌

Afternoon all 😃, hope everyone is good today. New day, New week, I'm so glad to get back to normality,in the sense of getting back to work today and I have circuits tonight. Last week was on hold as 'lola' arrived.
I was chatting to my lovely friend last night, and I realized the importance of having structure in my life.
It plays a huge part in me getting well again, I'm becoming so aware of my feelings and how they tend to either dip or my mind wanders off to dark places, especially sitting about with nothing to do.
To recognize those feeling helps me put order in my life.
You know I'm actually believing in myself now.
For those who don't know I started this journey at Christmas, I was a binge drinker and druggie. I have been totally honest and picked up a drink 3 times, on 3 separate occasions which only lasted the night I didn't carry on and go on benders. I've learnt from those times and taken something away with me and upped my game. I took full responsibility for my actions, I chose to pick up, nothing or no one to blame. I was weak.....now I feel strong. I have many good things in my life now.
Oh I'm still not smoking as well 😃
So for today I'm winning, long MAY it continue.
I don't count days it feels kinda weird counting days, I just think "hell I'm a sober/straight/non smoker 🙌🙌🙌. Never thought in a million years I'd be saying those words.
Anyway enough of my ramblings 😃
Much love as always
Doris 🙏💖
Old 05-13-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling good and strong. Keep on keeping on as they say.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you;re doing really well. I agree that structure and routine is important. even though I feel overwhelmed at times it's important for me to have that structure of work.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good week Doris

D
Old 05-13-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Doris,

I get not liking counting the days, it's like one false move and everything crumbles and you're back at start again.

Right now, I am counting because I haven't picked up a drink and perhaps at some point I will stop counting the days, weeks, months, years cuz it will only serve as a constant reminder and unnerve me, possibly. Like, I could drink in spite.

I recall one post, not sure where that a person wrote, ''I just celebrated my 5 year sobriety by having a drink.'' And that could sound like me too, perhaps.

We all know that we can live without alcohol, and it doesn't have to defy my entire life.

I feel bummed right now over stupid hockey game (it's the most insignificant things like that that can get to me), but I can't always have my way. dammit.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Doris!! Im so happy for you and your post really encouraged me! Thank you for sharing. Im still sober from the drink but havent yet stopped smoking. I really need to do that too. Here's to new and sober adventures!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done doris
Old 05-13-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone 😃. Little steps an all that. It's good to feel in control, no hang overs or come downs. I know a few will say this is wrong but I sorta think to myself 5months. Keeps me going even though I know I've picked up. Not one box fits all, and this is my journey I'm on. I will continue to move forward and keep this feeling of wellness alive.
Have a lovely day everyone
Much love as always
Doris 🙏💖
Old 05-14-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello, thanks for posting. I need to quit smoking too but I feel like I might lose it since it is all that I have left. I do want to stop so I can save money and have better health. Thanks for reminding me that it can be done. I just need to man up and do it. You are strong. I also get not wanting to count the days but I have to because they always want to know how many days that we have at the rehab/sober house that I am at.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job Doris. It felt weird saying "I'm a sober non-drinker" for awhile.

Now, it just seems normal. I can hardly remember my days as a drinker! I love that, but it still seems weird. Day 259!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's all good Doris, it's been 5 months you've been en route, so what if you got sidetracked along the way, you got right back on the road. It is a journey.

Robert - I know the feeling, if you can get patches (those worked the best for me), do it. You won't be missing out, instead you'll feel proud of not having to light up walking down the street, or light up in some corner away from the public, you'll feel freer. Also a good reminder is that smoking is the #1 killer, followed by alcohol.