Notices

Day three sober!

Old 05-13-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day three sober!

I fell off the wagon after 23 days sober. But today is day three feeling much better already. I’m determined this time x
Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey I'm on Day 19 myself and understand how it happens. I have fallen off the wagon several times at around two or three weeks. I haven't hit 30 days in a very long time, but I'm determined to get there and beyond now, one day at a time. Frankly my last couple of slips have scared the s**t out of me. I am no longer even slightly functional when I drink; I just need to always remind myself of this. I'm sure with your very recent history you can no doubt do similar.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 3 Hollydoll.
Have you thought about what you'll do differently this time?

D
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Holly. Im glad you're on day 3. It sure as hell beats day 1, right? I have been there so many times in the past. Swearing off alcohol forever, only to drink again and again. I thought for sure i was a hopeless case. Today is day 50 for me and i can hardly believe it myself. Ive done it differently this time though. I go to an outpatient group once a week and 3 AA meetings. I can be randomly tested for alcohol at anytime from my outpatient counselor so that helps keep me in check. I used to hate goings to meetings but i found a small group that i really love. We all know whats going on with each other and we support and care for each other. Believe me, there are times i really want to drink but I remember that it's not going to end up any differently this time. Its going to be hangover hell and maybe worse. And I really want to learn who I am without a substance to interfere with that. Im 49 years old....its long over due. I am rooting for you! We all stop sooner or later...i hope its by choice rather than by terrible consequences.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great going Hollydoll!

And you too Tetrax.

Keep going, both of you!
Old 05-13-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Holly....
I'm real new again at this too. Sobriety is better I think. And.... I actually think it's getting less and less weird to actually be a sober person in society. Or maybe that's just my age group - most have grown up already at my age perhaps. Whatever that is..... hope you stay with it. Hope I do too.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Holly. You can do this.
TC