SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Forget Pink Cloud...I'm Riding a Freaking Unicorn (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438546-forget-pink-cloud-im-riding-freaking-unicorn.html)

Happyvale 05-12-2019 10:37 PM

Forget Pink Cloud...I'm Riding a Freaking Unicorn

Ya..I'm sure this first weekend is not indicative of days to come but WOW...I accomplished more this weekend and was happier than I have been in can't remember when. I was up to meet my realtor at 9 a.m. this morning...went a helped out a friend at her restaurant for a wee bit for Mother's Day...went shopping and then spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning my truck in the summer sun.....

This is waaaaaaaaaaay better. Amazing what you can do when not drinking ..nor hungover.

Well - at least today. I'm well aware everyday won't be a rose garden.

And truth be told.... having this place - I don't feel so .....outside looking in anymore.

Dee74 05-12-2019 10:54 PM

Great to hear Happyvale :)

D

Ghostlight1 05-13-2019 06:05 AM

That is awesome. And I hope it helps the newcomer into what's ahead for them.

Hopefully4me 05-13-2019 06:15 AM

I’m feeling the same way. On day 4 today and I can’t believe how much I got done and actually enjoyed the weekend. Woke up today and heading to work and don’t have the horrible Monday feeling of hangover and regret and I have no feeling like I have to work all week and didn’t have a weekend to decompress. You got this ! I do too !

DriGuy 05-13-2019 06:17 AM

Love that pink cloud. Welcome to the start of the journey.

Happyvale 05-13-2019 07:02 AM

Thank you all. And yes Hopefully4me...just wow hey. Loving it. Admittedly...no snow in the North probably has a lot to do with it as well. It was a long arse winter. But maybe...just maybe....it has simply been a long arse winter of life. Here's hoping.

Hawkeye13 05-13-2019 06:34 PM

Let's hope for a long arse Spring. . .

WaterOx 05-13-2019 07:50 PM

Pretty cool huh?

I try to remind myself that I get more done on my laziest day sober than my most productive day drinking.

abgator 05-13-2019 08:50 PM

Good job.

Happyvale 05-13-2019 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 7184383)
Let's hope for a long arse Spring. . .

Oh don't you know it Hawkeye :beachball

Team had our first slo pitch game of the season tonight. Weather was wonderful. Everyone was cracking beers by the second inning but I was fine to sip my fresh strawberry infused water (although I should have brought 2 bottles). Came home and tended to flowers I just bought yesterday....(that too is a first in a great great while). Did a lot of other puttering around the house...I just wouldn't be doing if I'd bought a bottle of wine on way home.....

Feeling pretty tired ...but I suppose I should be.

I quit living on the couch.