Notices

Sweetichicks New Accountability Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Sc I’m glad you posted. Try get to detox now you need help to get well doing it yourself is not working for you be kind to yourself today
Old 05-20-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Thanks for being so supportive. I have been drinking on and off and are seeing my psychiatrist today. Hopefully I get more valium so I can detox my self again. I have been sick hence no posts. I am sure you are all sick of my relapsing.
I agree with the others that this latest active drinking makes you a candidate for inpatient rehab. Please call them up and tell them you’ve been drinking and then follow through and go to rehab. Valium on your own obviously isn’t working. It’s just another drug you’re abusing imo. Still rooting for you.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

^^^Agree^^^

You said in a previous post that someone has to be actively drinking to get admittance to inpatient. Now's your chance, Sweeti.

Close your eyes, phone a taxi and get yourself admitted. Please. The alternative is not doing anything, getting hooked on Valium as well, and well ... the rest is too ghastly to contemplate.

You need to take action , today , now !
Old 05-20-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm in an endless cycle. Drink take valium. When I have exceeded the doseand started running out drink again. Part of the reason I am on valium is to decrease anxiety. Because of my age they can't give me more bipolar meds. Decrease anxiety and my bipolar meds settle down. I don't think drinking is working anymore for me. It seems to increase anxiety. Thanks for all the replies. And Dee I was completely honest with my psychiatrist as per always. I got 7 minutes but at least I am still bulkbilled
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sweeti I was so worried about you.

I agree with other posters. Call up and get into detox NOW. This is your chance. Take it. You deserve to live and to live free of alcohol and other drugs.

Sending you prayers, strengthband courage. 🙏♥️🙏♥️
Old 05-21-2019, 12:09 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Do you want to stop drinking?

It doesn't seem that way as you post for a few days and then disappear and drink then come back and say the same things but refuse to take any action or responsibility. I get it as I am going through the same cycle myself.

I am being honest with myself though - do I REALLY want to quit drinking? I know if I do want to quit then I've got to do something different. If we don't do anything different then nothing is going to change. You may get 1000 responses with advice, ideas etc but until you act on any of them then nothing will change. No magic wand will be waved to get us sober.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:25 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you were honest - I didn't mean I thought you wouldn't be but I thought you might have gotten some help or ideas if they knew how bad things were.

I know someone older than you on BPD meds so I'm not sure what you mean there?

I do know that drinking is the worst thing for anxiety and drinking on Valium or any benzo can be very dangerous.

To be honest, I'm surprised your doctor continues to prescribe that if they know the extent of your drinking but thats between you and your Dr.

Obviously you need something new in the mix, and I don't mean meds I mean help.

So what now Sweetichick?
Detox or what?

D
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hope this is the sign for you Sweeti that doing it your way isn't working. I get asking for help can be scary, but this is your chance for support. Whether its AA, detox, etc these people really do want to help. Please give it a chance, we are all rooting for you!
Old 05-21-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I don't think drinking is working anymore for me. It seems to increase anxiety.
It has taken me a long time to accept these two things but I'm sure you know now you're right on the money. Please do all you can to get through that first week then don't look back. My only real anxiety now (though very manageable - I certainly have no intention) is of relapsing. Go figure, eh?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm in an endless cycle. Drink take valium. When I have exceeded the doseand started running out drink again. Part of the reason I am on valium is to decrease anxiety. Because of my age they can't give me more bipolar meds. Decrease anxiety and my bipolar meds settle down. I don't think drinking is working anymore for me. It seems to increase anxiety. Thanks for all the replies. And Dee I was completely honest with my psychiatrist as per always. I got 7 minutes but at least I am still bulkbilled
Time to call and get the help you need.
There is no other way that works so make the call and save your life.
We are all very concerned and can offer you just so much but, you have to make the call to get the help you need.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks for being so supportive. I have been drinking on and off and are seeing my psychiatrist today. Hopefully I get more valium so I can detox my self again. I have been sick hence no posts. I am sure you are all sick of my relapsing.
I am not allowed to inpatient detox unless I have drunk in the last 3 days. I am booked in for outpatient treatment and a supervised home detox if I drink again.

ive heard often at meetings here in the US that psychiatrists made detox and rehab happen real quick.
is your psychiatrist looking out for your best interest? tossin ya some MORE valium alone doesnt seem like a good solution- just part of the viscious cycle.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Valium is a bad idea at this point--agree with others.

Sweeti--you have to do something different or it will keep getting worse.

I hope you choose life and healing
Old 05-21-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking made my anxiety unbearable.

Praying for you, Sweeti!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I am sure you are all sick of my relapsing.
I'm glad you're still here.

Sweeti, it doesn't matter what we think. Honestly, I'm never surprised when people keep drinking, even when they say they want to quit. It's what we alcoholics do. Until we get into recovery, we drink. It's the nature of the addiction. You're a very typical active alcoholic. I was the same way.

I'm saddened to hear you're still drinking. What I wish more than anything is that YOU would get sick of your drinking and do something about it. Now that you're drinking again, can you check into detox? Abusing alcohol and drugs isn't a good combo. (And even if the drugs are prescribed, drinking and using them is incredibly dangerous.)

Sweeti, this is your life. Is this how you want to spend it? There is a way out. You just have to work for it. It's not easy, but it's possible.

Wishing you all the best, no matter what you do.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

If youre being honest with this doctor about your drinking and not minimizing it and hes still prescribing you benzos after all this time he should lose his license

If you havent already, you will eventually have a seizure
Old 05-21-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sweetichick, a number of people have asked in regards to you now being able to do inpatient detox. I was wondering why you haven't answered the questions about when you are going to do this?

Do you want to stop drinking?
Old 05-21-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sweetie, I was at work this morning and got the phone call my sister who is 56 died in her sleep. She is barely older than you. She has been an alcoholic and pill popper most of her life. She never got help. THINK ABOUT THAT.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
Sweetie, I was at work this morning and got the phone call my sister who is 56 died in her sleep. She is barely older than you. She has been an alcoholic and pill popper most of her life. She never got help. THINK ABOUT THAT.
That is truly sad news KMT. I’m so sorry about your sister .

Old 05-21-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss KMT.

whats the plan today sweetichick?
D
Old 05-21-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

SC, I think it's progress you've realized alcohol doesn't help and is making your anxiety worse.