Notices

Sweetichicks New Accountability Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
There’s a meeting on and you’re going to try to make it? Sounds like an excuse. Why not get out and go to one in person.

It is in person. I have to get ready for the tree lopping. Check the car park and make sure he can. Back his trailer in. I fell back to sleep. Otherwise I will have to clean out my garage. Busy, busy and more busy
Old 05-15-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can make some time & keep some energy in reserve to go to the meeting sweetichick

D
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

i am sure the tree lopper has experience with parking his own vehicle and trailer. this doesn't require much from you at all......if you need to move your car, then move it. this is hardly a reason to miss a meeting tonite.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Sweeti, really hope you try again giving some meetings a shot. Just the feeling of not being alone, and being able to relate to other people in person, might be able to get the momentum going you need.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, I think that taking action by going to the meeting tonight would be so important for you, for your sobriety. I hope you make it.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
It is in person. I have to get ready for the tree lopping. Check the car park and make sure he can. Back his trailer in. I fell back to sleep. Otherwise I will have to clean out my garage. Busy, busy and more busy
My apologies. When I read that I assumed it was an online meeting. I hope you were able to go .
Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I hope you made the meeting Sweeti.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well my mother is nearly dead. I asked my dad to visit and bring him a meal. I just got fobbed off yet again.. Should I keep trying or just give up? This is nearly killing me.. My mum wants to move to a retirement home but my dad won’t let her. My mum has always been abusing towards me.

Tree lopping. Done. Half fell into my neighbors yard.The fence is on the verge of death. I am out of money till next payday. The gardener put a note on my neighbors door.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

Did you get to that meeting? Do you have the next one lined up yet? Are you working with a sponsor? Your normal pattern is emerging. You have to take different action if you want different results this time.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its not 'tonight' yet in sweetichicks part of the world, guys

Sweetichick sounds like things like the fence and your mum are not things you can do anything about right now.

Try not to 'awfulise' - you got the tap fixed eventually - you can do the same with the fence.

And your mom - sounds like it's not all your fault. She clearly has her own issues.

Don't let things distract you from staying sober - things have a way of working out.

D
Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Dee. I dozed off again and it was so good to see appositive post.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

No. Do not give up!

You are still alive, still breathing, there is still hope for you!

But I agree with others. You HAVE to put in the ACTION. action action and more action

Get to a meeting. Tell people you need help. Get a sponsor. Get working on the steps immediately. If you arent willing then pray for the willingness. This is your life we are talking about here. Compare that to tree felling. What's more important ??

You do not want to die a slow, painful alcoholic death. Because that is how most alcoholics die I watched a documentary on alcoholism and the doctor said that alcoholic deaths are not quick, easy and peaceful. Its really time for you to reach out and get help because unfortunately just posting here is not stopping you from picking up a drink.

I am so sorry to hear about your mum but drinking will not get her well. It will not stop her dying.

Ask yourself sweeti,and be really honest with yourself. do you actually want to stop drinking?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

There is a meeting tomorrow morning at 10. My psychiatrist is ringing at 11.30 but I will try my best to get there. I looked up the topic and it sounds interesting. Please pray I make it. Already paid the toll bill and boosted up my petrol.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you didn't make the one tonight.

No doubt you have a good reason but I have to be honest it could have been good to make them both, I reckon....if nothing else it would get folks off your back.

Your success in recovery is gonna depend on your effort Sweetichick.
you're a project worth working for, yeah?

D
Old 05-16-2019, 02:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee I just had no energy, I should be able to get to the meeting tomorrow.I only sleep a few hours. Downside of withdrawals. That's why I dozeoff all day. Had a healthy meal and planning to watch home and away. Then whatever is next. Thanks so much for your support.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
No. Do not give up!

You are still alive, still breathing, there is still hope for you!

But I agree with others. You HAVE to put in the ACTION. action action and more action

Get to a meeting. Tell people you need help. Get a sponsor. Get working on the steps immediately. If you arent willing then pray for the willingness. This is your life we are talking about here. Compare that to tree felling. What's more important ??

You do not want to die a slow, painful alcoholic death. Because that is how most alcoholics die I watched a documentary on alcoholism and the doctor said that alcoholic deaths are not quick, easy and peaceful. Its really time for you to reach out and get help because unfortunately just posting here is not stopping you from picking up a drink.

I am so sorry to hear about your mum but drinking will not get her well. It will not stop her dying.

Ask yourself sweeti,and be really honest with yourself. do you actually want to stop drinking?

Yes I understand. I’m in enough pain now. The doctor order various treatment in the past but I think he has given up on me.j I don’t re
Old 05-16-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you didn't make the one tonight.

No doubt you have a good reason but I have to be honest it could have been good to make them both, I reckon....if nothing else it would get folks off your back.

Your success in recovery is gonna depend on your effort Sweetichick.
you're a project worth working for, yeah?

D
I will work hard at recovery. The last thing I want is a slow painful death. Every thing will go into it. Sorry I had to switch device Snitch. Thanks for replying
Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Well that got mixed up. Sorry Dee. Thought I was replying to Snitch.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Keep going Sweetichick, I have been silently cheering you on for a long time.

Your doing great.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Thanks so much Dee. I dozed off again and it was so good to see appositive post.
sweeti, you have received nothing but positive posts in this thread. it may not be the "be gentle, watch moives,make something to eat" kind of replies you might be lookin for, but they are positive. people care enough to help keep you focused on the actions and accountability for recovery . thats pretty dam positive,imo.
you can read the big book. doesnt take much energy for that.

We alcoholics are men and women who have lost the ability to control our drinking. We know that no real alcoholic ever recovers control. All of us felt at times that we were regaining control, but such intervals - usually brief - were inevitably followed by still less control, which led in time to pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization. We are convinced to a man that alcoholics of our type are in the grip of a progressive illness. Over any considerable period we get worse, never better.

theres- you read that and thats just one paragraph.
you can crack your bb open and read more,eh?
make plans for meeting attendance and dont let life on lifes terms stop you from attending.
do some praying,too.