Notices

Day one...again

Old 05-11-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one...again

Had a good amount of clean time and life was great. Met an amazing soul who happens to be in recovery and life was going well then bam. Temptation creeped up and I've been secretly drinking for a few weeks. Physically and emotionally feeling like **** and genuinely want my sobriety back. Scared to tell my partner the truth but honestly not sure how she doesn't know. So confused and ashamed right now
Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well...either way you are going to have to tell her. You need to trust in the relationship if its genuine and even if you don't - she deserves to know. You met in an honest place and you need to keep it that way. Despite your failing - don't compound it with dishonesty. Whether you want to drink or sober... tell her.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happyvale View Post
Well...either way you are going to have to tell her. You need to trust in the relationship if its genuine and even if you don't - she deserves to know. You met in an honest place and you need to keep it that way. Despite your failing - don't compound it with dishonesty. Whether you want to drink or sober... tell her.
I ended up telling her. I want my sobriety and need to figure out what lead up to this. I'm thinking self sabotage. Definitely ready to brush my knees of and get things together again
Old 05-11-2019, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seekingjoyagain View Post
I ended up telling her. I want my sobriety and need to figure out what lead up to this. I'm thinking self sabotage. Definitely ready to brush my knees of and get things together again
Good on you SJA!!! And... how did she take it? Did she in fact know or suspect?
Old 05-11-2019, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happyvale View Post
Good on you SJA!!! And... how did she take it? Did she in fact know or suspect?
She is being supportive and telling me it's ok and wanting to get through this together. She will be home from work shortly and we are going to of course talk about some things and get a plan together. I think she may have suspected it and I'm going to ask her. My behavior has been erratic these past couple of weeks with my binges
Old 05-11-2019, 11:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came clean. Now you can focus on staying sober
this is a good place to be - glad you found us - Welcome

D
Old 05-12-2019, 01:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to S.R , you've taken a big step in the right direction by posting here and sharing. Well done on telling your partner, I admire you for that.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done telling your partner. I had to do something similar a couple of weeks ago and it's really good that he know the full truth about my drinking. I feel much more supported by him too.

You can get it all back again. You really can. Just focus on support and looking after yourself. You have just taken that first step in moving forward. Really happy for you.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seekingjoyagain View Post
She is being supportive and telling me it's ok and wanting to get through this together. She will be home from work shortly and we are going to of course talk about some things and get a plan together. I think she may have suspected it and I'm going to ask her. My behavior has been erratic these past couple of weeks with my binges
So glad that part of the load has lifted and you're heading back to the light.