SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Online sponsor to work christian 12 steps? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438530-online-sponsor-work-christian-12-steps.html)

LiveLikeGold6 05-11-2019 07:02 PM

Online sponsor to work christian 12 steps?

inspired by another poster i thought i would post
im currently on day 7 and a chronic relapser. Not sure if online sponsoring is a thing but i would like to do the christian 12 steps. If no one can that is fine too i will find someone but figured id start here.

Dee74 05-11-2019 07:07 PM

I hope you'll find someone to help - have you looked at Celebrate Recovery at all?
https://www.celebraterecovery.com

D

AnvilheadII 05-11-2019 07:13 PM

actually you don't need a sponsor to START working the steps. feel free to jump in any time! if you're old skool, get a fresh notebook and a GOOD pen and get busy writing. IMHO steps involve a lot of writing. if you prefer the computer thing, fire up a fresh word doc type the first step at the top and then get busy on the keyboard, tell YOUR story of how you got HERE. try not to glamorize or embellish, just stick to the facts.

be well and good luck! sobriety is quite the adventure!

LiveLikeGold6 05-11-2019 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 7183167)
actually you don't need a sponsor to START working the steps. feel free to jump in any time! if you're old skool, get a fresh notebook and a GOOD pen and get busy writing. IMHO steps involve a lot of writing. if you prefer the computer thing, fire up a fresh word doc type the first step at the top and then get busy on the keyboard, tell YOUR story of how you got HERE. try not to glamorize or embellish, just stick to the facts.

be well and good luck! sobriety is quite the adventure!

lol i love the emphasis on GOOD pen! This was great will do friend.

LiveLikeGold6 05-11-2019 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7183161)
I hope you'll find someone to help - have you looked at Celebrate Recovery at all?
https://www.celebraterecovery.com

D

i hadn’t until now! There’s meetings near me too ❤️

CRRHCC 05-13-2019 07:06 AM

Many addiction experts perceive that that Behavior Science and Scripture are mutually exclusive; that Science and Scripture are antithetical; that faith and reason are not compatible; these are misconceptions. With respect to Behavior Science and Scripture, both recognize that values and purpose are the main navigational tools in life. Both emphasize personal values and how to manage those values; they acknowledge, motivation, life skills, community and relationships are human ingredients, necessary to behavioral change. Together they want us to manage our emotions, examine our thinking and change our corrupt behavior; to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

LiveLikeGold6 05-14-2019 10:08 PM

Bump

LiveLikeGold6 05-18-2019 12:46 PM

Not for nothing but im mostly ignored in aa too it’s weird to feel so connected and so distant at the same time

Anna 05-18-2019 12:53 PM

Did you check out the Celebrate Recovery meetings near you?

I'm not an AA person, but it's my experience here that people prefer face-to-face sponsorships, rather than online.

LiveLikeGold6 05-18-2019 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7187340)
Did you check out the Celebrate Recovery meetings near you?

I'm not an AA person, but it's my experience here that people prefer face-to-face sponsorships, rather than online.

not yet, i drank yesterday, trying not to bring my misery, but just kicking myself

ThatWasTheOldMe 05-18-2019 04:47 PM

If you can go 7 days, you can go 8 days.
Just don't relapse one day at a time while you search for the peace we're all looking for (recovery).

AA has a lot of Christians; I'm sure someone there would love to sponsor you from a Christian perspective.

LiveLikeGold6 05-18-2019 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe (Post 7187414)
If you can go 7 days, you can go 8 days.
Just don't relapse one day at a time while you search for the peace we're all looking for (recovery).

AA has a lot of Christians; I'm sure someone there would love to sponsor you from a Christian perspective.

thank u ❤️

Dee74 05-18-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 (Post 7187336)
Not for nothing but im mostly ignored in aa too it’s weird to feel so connected and so distant at the same time

I think the default for most of us is to feel ignored alone or rejected...it's a state of mind that makes it easier for us to drink.

I'm sorry you drank LLG. I really recommend you use SR when you feel wobbly. I don't know any other site thats better at responding to cries for help.

I hope you'll check out Celebrate Recovery It may be a good fit, it may not but you'll never know if you don't give it a try :)

D

LiveLikeGold6 05-18-2019 08:31 PM

Thank you Dee i really appreciate it. My body just can’t break down alcohol like it used to n what i thought was a mild night of drinking has me really suffering the consequences. I’ll try to be better about reaching for help 🤗