Notices

Friday Night Lights.... out

Old 05-10-2019, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday Night Lights.... out

Well...3 days down. I will be honest in saying that I didn't have a whole lot of confidence a couple mornings ago when I decided enough was enough. It's a worth a shot I thought. Thankful I was serious enough to look up this site again. It was a good night. Watched a great movie that made me laugh and engaged in some conversations with friends totally lucid. I can't say that's happened in a great while....

I feel like my hearing has been sharper today. Not sure why lol lol. This evening outside I noticed the sound of birds chirping ...and for whatever reason I find the sounds of vehicles driving by somewhat soothing. Not sure why. Perhaps it reminds me of paying attention to the sounds around me....like I did when I was young. I've heard my pet bunny clinking some food dishes with his nose (they are full...he just wanted attention).

It was a good night. And I'm glad of it. Thanks SR.
Until tomorrow .... night night.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 3 happyvale

D
Old 05-11-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

hows day 4 going for you Happyvale?
Old 05-11-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looks like we're right on the same pace. Hope you stick with it. What movie did you watch? Comedies really help. I can't take anything serious or emotional right now.

Pets do help. The dog thread makes me envious, lol. I spent a little time outside today with my chickens. Dumb as rocks, but cute. And my 2 new budgies (a type of parakeet) amuse me as they play, although they make it hard to hear parts of whatever is on the tv!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so happy you found us, Happyvale. Congratulations on your 3 days. I'm glad you're feeling more optimistic & hopeful.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all...so much. Day 4 was actually pretty darn amazing. I piddled around the morning chatting with mom and texting with friends and then I started cleaning! A buddy stopped by to drop something off and mentioned if was household hazardous waste day at the dump so kindly helped me clear out the old paint and oils etc out of my back shed and off we went. I had actually never been to our city dump - so that new lol. I then decided my area rug and other carpets needed a clean so I went and rented a rug doctor and just finished up with that. Oh..I also made some keto chocolate both dark and milk. I'm not big on dark chocolate so I gave that away to the dump friend : ) I've drank a LOT of fluids today...water, sodastream fizzy water, diet rootbeer ....and oh ya I had the lettuce wrapped Uncle Burger from A&W - it was freaking amazing. It was all sloppy and messy like a good burger should be! A&W is a Canadian fast food chain known for rootbeer. Don't think it's in U.S. or abroad -but really not sure lol. So it was a great day - lots accomplished.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abgator View Post
Looks like we're right on the same pace. Hope you stick with it. What movie did you watch? Comedies really help. I can't take anything serious or emotional right now.

Pets do help. The dog thread makes me envious, lol. I spent a little time outside today with my chickens. Dumb as rocks, but cute. And my 2 new budgies (a type of parakeet) amuse me as they play, although they make it hard to hear parts of whatever is on the tv!
Movie was Wine Country on Netflix (of all things... still hilarious! My abs actually hurt!) Pretty much my era. Chickens are awesome. I realized something odd yesterday. I'm a huge Peanuts Woodstock fan...always have been...even have a couple wee and discreet tattoos. Well Snoopy and Woodstock actually as their best buds so devoted to one another...but I suppose I equate with a ditzy little bird.

Anyhoo...I got an Etsy Woodstock necklace in mail yesterday but I got to pondering. "Hmmmm... you have a freaky phobia and are pretty much terrified of birds" - close to me not if they mind their own business in sky.

But my favourite character is Woodstock???

What-- I had to be sober to realize and ponder the irony of that?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I discovered 'Angie Tribeca' last night just as its been cancelled, lol
Very silly Naked Gun type humour if you like that

I like Woodstock too

D
Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I discovered 'Angie Tribeca' last night just as its been cancelled, lol
Very silly Naked Gun type humour if you like that

I like Woodstock too

D
Oh I do like that ..(sigh and nod to my late national brother Leslie Nielsen)

You like Woodstock? I recently ordered and received from Amazon "The Wisdom of Woodstock"...I was slightly embarrassed at how much the book cracked me up.