Notices

Pitter patter of tiny feet 😃

Old 05-09-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds like you’re having a great time.
Happy to you Doris.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new puppy. Dogs are just fantastic little creatures!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Adorable! Enjoy!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Adorable! Thanks for the pictures!
Old 05-10-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm confused. I thought this thread was about Doris' new puppy, not Caprice's dog.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's official, I'm totally knackerd 😂😂😂😂
Having a baby was easier lol, but it's totally worth it. I've had more visitors in a week than I have since living on my own (3yrs ago lol.) Fed up with people now lol. 😃
Old 05-10-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Embrace each moment, if children grow up fast, then with pups it's lightening speed!
I kinda miss not being able to walk a few feet without people stopping to fawn over my pup.
Though, I could skip on the investments put into the pee pad industry.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I'm confused. I thought this thread was about Doris' new puppy, not Caprice's dog.
It's about whatever people post about. Like all threads. Nobody owns them, and it's up to the mods to decide if things are getting too off-topic, not us.

We're all eager to hear about Doris' puppy! And other dog owners are chiming in with their experiences. I'm a rottie lover, so I like Caprice's posts about her dogs as well.

As my subtitle says...no DOGma. LOL.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm a rottie lover, too. I live with one.

I was just confused. I wanted to see pics of Doris' dog and realized I was looking at Caprice's dog. No big deal, MMan. Don't get your fur all ruffled.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Lol. No Dogma . I’m a cat lover. But they scratch the furniture and throw up hairballs. Maybe I’ll get a puppy someday if I can get my husband to agree. I know they have their challenges too. All animals are the best. So much unconditional love.

Most importantly, I’m so happy for you, Doris!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Lol. No Dogma . I’m a cat lover. But they scratch the furniture and throw up hairballs. Maybe I’ll get a puppy someday if I can get my husband to agree. I know they have their challenges too. All animals are the best. So much unconditional love.

Most importantly, I’m so happy for you, Doris!
not to be bias (ok, maybe a tad), I don't mind cats but everyone who owns both, when I ask them which specie they prefer, the dog always wins out. They are more work though, but there are breeds and mixes to suite anyone's lifestyle, even those who may be allergic or who don't do with shedding.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The demonic zoomies at 6am 😱😱 Jezzzzzz she's a possessed devil, tried all the info I've read, nothing works. So I brought a squeaky toy in the hope of distraction. She's not just running around crazy, she's biting snapping holding on to my clothes, I've tried time out, I've tried ignoring, I've tried distraction, I've tried walking away, it only last maybe 20 min tops, but in those 20 mins her vampire teeth hurt 😊 I know she's a pup etc, but Blimey she can nip.
I know words means nothing to her at this point,all about tone body language etc, she's a totally different pup when it's out of her system. She's exercised,played with, mentally stimulated, so I'm hoping that she'll grow out of it with consistency.
She lives her two new squeaky puppy toys so I may keep one back to have for distraction. See how it goes 😊
There is so much information on the net, some quite cinflicting, so it'll be trial an error for the next few days, she's currently on my lap with big brown eyes looking adorable 😇😇😇.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Doris, hope this helps. I found several video's about kelpie's and this is a pup. They are smart but I gathered they may be slightly more difficult to train coupled with their high energy.
Also only reward positive behavior.
My dogs are all massively food oriented, I thought no dog would top the beagle until the rottie came along. He will drop everything and anything, abort any mission, learn anything new, if he knows a treat is at stake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64urfuEXeY
Old 05-11-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm lucky, or its a fluke. But she already sits when asked, also starting to heel. She's bright as a button. She gentle takes a treat so learning about bite etc.
We had a moment of snapping in which I used redirection an distraction with the squeaky toy,remaining perfectly still, the snapping stopped 🙌🙌🙌.
She has her second round of jabs in June, so I'm getting her used to the leash slowly, to get her ready for the big wide world 😃.
I really hope I'm not boring you all lol. X
Old 05-11-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Doris,

Not at all boring, seems like you're doing a great job. I know how frustrating it can be to find your slippers or clothes or bedspread corners (getting) torn or furniture corners chewed off. There was a time when I couldn't put on my socks or leggings without my pup biting at them too. I had to put everything up on tables and shelves, including garbage buckets and close the bathroom door.
I do have the privilege now of having them with me 80-90% of the time , but if you must return to work, having her crate trained at first may be a good idea. She may not like it, but let her know it's a safe and good place by enticing her with food into it. A pen or fenced in area would do too (like a basement or room for her) provided it's high enough that she cannot jump over it or knock it over. That is, if you are open to it cuz at that age they can get destructive when left alone and that goes for golden retriever pups and all.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

She has her crate in the kitchen,which she freely goes into during the day for her sleep and at night time. So she's aware of her safe space.
I do work but I'm out a maximum of 4 hours so all is good in that respect 😃
Old 05-12-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
She has her crate in the kitchen,which she freely goes into during the day for her sleep and at night time. So she's aware of her safe space.
I do work but I'm out a maximum of 4 hours so all is good in that respect 😃
That's ideal. Hope things are coming along, it may take some time, but they're worth it.