Notices

Keep it simple

Old 05-08-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep it simple

I often ignore this profound little statement and end making unforced errors .
Old 05-08-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah. It's easy to turn a mole hill into a mountain. Been doing that myself of late.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My new boss posed me a question yesterday.

I am the next in line below him seniority wise.

I had the option to tell a lie and avoid drama, or be honest and get into a 1 hour discussion/belittling on why my thinking was flawed.

If I didn't say anything I would have felt like a coward. So as tactically as I could I told him what I really thought.

I am glad I did because living as a coward is dieing 1000 deaths and all, but I don't like the stress.

I am 54 years old and I am not going to make any big moves with this company anyway. The job is too easy and pays too good to quit.

It is hard to walk away from a fight sometimes.

I think I need to recalibrate my coward meter and decide discretion is the better part of valor...or something.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I retired at 60 and to be honest I wasnt applying myself to my work , I hated it and couldn't get along with most . In the last 2 or so years I binged on and off booze and was intolerable . I worked night shift security alone in a building and I slept most of the time which means not doing the job . The commute stressed me to the max too . I had nothing left to give any employer so gave notice and left . Was it the best move I made ? yes and no . Yes because of reasons above and no because I became my own worst enemy with too much time on my hands , its a learning curve this retirement business.

I try try try to keep things simple but I struggle with emotions and other peoples emotions .

I stay in good sobriety though which is more important than all .

PS edited to say there were 300 staff in the building for the first 3 hours till they left the call center at 10pm then it was all mine .

Last edited by hpdw; 05-08-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: addition