Notices

Just an update

Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry, Mera. That must have been hard. Hopefully your little guy's arm will heal quickly.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks all. My poor boy is very fortunate, the doctors said the break was very clean and in the smaller bone of the arm (can't remember the name). So for those two things it should heal relatively quickly and he should have the cast off in 30 days. I'm really so proud of him. As I have mentioned before he has mild aspergers and has some sensory issues due to that. I wasn't there in the ER but his grandfather told me he was incredibly brave and cooperative the whole time. Crying obviously, but allowed the doctors to put the bone back in place without fighting back, etc.

I spoke to my psychiatrist who is out of town but he said I could start cutting back on the benzos. I've cut out 3 a day for now. Will continue. In any case they aren't working, I am still anxious and stressed all the time.

Staying sober and pushing ahead..... have a good day everyone.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Mera - I'm really glad to hear from you. I have so much compassion and concern for you - but I hesitate to step into the child situation since it was something that upset you a lot when there was a thread you started quite awhile ago.

I'd just say two things here:
I'm one who does take (one) benzo and am very conscious about it, especially with the recent (2-3 mo) heightened anxiety I've had. I'm VERY glad you are working on the intake amount with your dr.

Second, and please take this compassionately and from the experience I had with an alcoholic mom - any indicator that you have been drinking, whether true or not, is terrifying for the child of an alcoholic. I didn't know at the time(s) that it was one medicine or another making my mom act [in "that" way etc] but I did know she wasn't ok.

Glad you are here and sharing. Please keep sober and one step at a time with the huge amount on your plate. Hugs.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No August, I really appreciate that response. I was very upset when people were telling me I wasn't taking my recovery seriously when I could not look my child in the eye and tell him I would never drink again. Otherwise, all advice is welcome. I appreciate you telling me of your experience with your mother. I can also very much understand my son's confusion. At the end of the day after 10 pills I am a bit out of touch with reality and I can feel it in my body- I feel like I have cotton in my mouth, I am shaky, etc.
We'll get through that. I am getting off some of the meds for me but also for my children..

I had a lovely morning, I cut the grass which I love to do, did some weeding. I then showered and ran some errands and then the post-woman arrived..... With my license, good, but also a tax bill I was not expecting for over €850. I almost had a heart attack. But I am alive.... and sober.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Mera;

Just sending you support
Old 05-07-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad your son is ok Mera.
Still rooting for you with everything else

D
Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your son is doing well, Mera. That must be a relief for you.

And, it's good that you are beginning to cut back on the meds. I really hope that you feel better as you cut back.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So yesterday was pretty rough. That tax bill arrived out of the blue (out of the blue- my mistake that I didn't realise it was a tax I should have been paying for two years). Later I finally found out, after over a month wait, that I was no selected for an interview for what would have been a great job for me. While I was in rehab the very head doctor heard me talking about it and offered his help. I went to his office and we downloaded all the forms, he reviewed my CV, helped me write a perfect introductory email. So two pretty big blows.

This morning I woke and got stuff done around the house and needed to go to the local shop for some things. Found my super cargo bike had been damaged- again- by someone. I can't imagine someone has it out for me. I mind my own business around my little village, the only thing I do is greet people warmly. But maybe someone doesn't like me, maybe someone is jealous of my super bike, maybe it was just teenagers acting stupid. But in any case, the first time they really did a lot of damage and although repaired it is not the same. This time they kicked in the gears and the chain kept falling off. I was able to give it a band-aid fix but there is other damage I will have to address. More than the money it is hurtful to me that someone would do that, I am nothing but nice with absolutely everyone.

BUT, the good news is I am loving working with my new "life coach" she is fantastic and a great support and teaching me many things about how to be my best self. AND, I get to pick up my older son from school at lunchtime today, he is going to come here and eat and then stay with me through the afternoon. So, thankfully I repaired the bike and can get him (I was crushed thinking I wouldn't be able to do that). Trying to focus on the positive!
Old 05-08-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just giving my support. Hope things turn around for you.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Big hug from across the pond Mera xx
Old 05-08-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Also lending my support Mera

D
Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Mera, thinking of you.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're doing well, Mera.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just checking in and thinking about you Mera. I’m proud of you for staying strong through difficult situations. I’m glad your son is okay