SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Really feel like drinking!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438354-really-feel-like-drinking.html)

babycat 05-04-2019 11:48 AM

Really feel like drinking!!!

Oh man, I do. Fortunately the urge has already faded some, but I decided to post anyway. I have to go run some errands and then I am going to work out. know that will help but I know my husband will probably have some wine tonight. I just have to keep telling myself how great it will be to go into work tomorrow with no anxiety, shakiness and just generally feeling good. I will check in later, just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks guys!!

kinzoku 05-04-2019 11:54 AM

Thanks for checking in, you got this!

GrayJ 05-04-2019 02:39 PM

You can pull through :) Hope you're okay

Leana 05-04-2019 02:46 PM

That's right. Keep looking forward. Good job. You got this.

Bathbomb 05-04-2019 02:55 PM

Good for you.
I tell myself the same when I get a bit of an urge. Do I want to wake up feeling proud of myself or feeling ashamed of myself.

babycat 05-04-2019 03:04 PM

Thanks guys!! Errands are complete, off to go workout now. This is by far the most I have been tempted in a long time! Don't really know why, hope it passes soon! Check in later.

saoutchik 05-04-2019 03:57 PM

Good luck! The workout will help, i'm sure.

Ghostlight1 05-04-2019 04:06 PM

Hey babycat. There's never been a day when I woke up and thought, "I sure am glad I drank last night".
Cravings will pass. There is nothing that a drink is going to make better.
Please don't throw away all your progress for a lousy drink.
You're thinking of how you'll feel tomorrow if you drink, and that's great.
You don't have to feel that way.
Best to you, and I hope you keep checking in here.
You're in my thoughts, take care.

Dee74 05-04-2019 05:03 PM

Hows things now Babycat?

D

Fearlessat50 05-04-2019 05:12 PM

Hi Babycat, So glad you checked in first. The cravings will eventually pass, even if not right away. Please don’t give in. My relapses always started out similarly, and after giving into the craving, even if I just started out with one drink, I was eventually in a full blown relapse right back where I started and worse.

Be patient with yourself and know this will pass. Keep yourself preoccupied like you are doing, remind yourself of your last few drinking episodes, think about your sober skills.

Can you think of something else you can do to pamper yourself? Maybe a massage or mani-pedi?

babycat 05-04-2019 06:21 PM

Hi all!! Had a great workout. Cravings are pretty much gone. Ordered some food so I am excited for that. Feeling good and pretty secure now. I'll check in again as needed. I really appreciate all your words, I was on the edge!! I am going to feel so good tomorrow. Thank you!!!

93619 05-04-2019 08:08 PM

Hey Babycat, glad to hear the cravings are gone, hope you enjoy the food you ordered.

Tailai 05-05-2019 02:27 AM

Chills. Way to go. Very helpful to read this . Thank you.

mariposa 05-05-2019 05:54 AM

Remember HALT, hungry, angry, lonely, thirsty can bring on feelings of drinking. But HALT and take care of your needs.

babycat 05-05-2019 11:34 AM

SOOO glad I did not drink!!! About to go work out and then head into work for a productive and full day. I am a Massage Therapist and it is so awful wondering if my client can smell alcohol from the night before or dreading if I have a booked day because I am shaking and anxious. Today, I get to be the healer my clients need.
I cannot thank you all enough for helping me get through yesterday. There was a couple moments there that I was ready to say "screw it, I'mma drink". But I didn't!! Its a good day.

Anna 05-05-2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by babycat (Post 7179094)
Today, I get to be the healer my clients need.

This is fantastic! I'm so glad you are feeling good today. :)

Gabe1980 05-05-2019 12:21 PM

Awesome BC you are going to feel great for it tomorrow hun! well done xx