Notices

365 days sober today

Old 05-04-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One year is no small thing, and an important milestone. You have most certainly figured this recovery thing out. There is no real reason to fumble now, other than some desire to self destruct, and I don't see that in YOUR future.

It's funny how that 1st birthday comes up on you. You see it coming. Early on, you see it, but you don't think it's reasonably possible. Then you settle in, do the work, and get to a point where you know it's going to happen. So three weeks ahead it you see it coming, and you're almost there. Then two weeks. Then one week. It was a strange thing to see it coming, knowing it's coming, and then when it comes, if your's was like mine, there's still a surprise and a shock. You think back to the beginning, when a year almost seemed impossible, and here you are, sober, healthy, full of pride, and happy as a clam.

Congratulations. Really, congratulations.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
One year is no small thing, and an important milestone. You have most certainly figured this recovery thing out. There is no real reason to fumble now, other than some desire to self destruct, and I don't see that in YOUR future.

It's funny how that 1st birthday comes up on you. You see it coming. Early on, you see it, but you don't think it's reasonably possible. Then you settle in, do the work, and get to a point where you know it's going to happen. So three weeks ahead it you see it coming, and you're almost there. Then two weeks. Then one week. It was a strange thing to see it coming, knowing it's coming, and then when it comes, if your's was like mine, there's still a surprise and a shock. You think back to the beginning, when a year almost seemed impossible, and here you are, sober, healthy, full of pride, and happy as a clam.

Congratulations. Really, congratulations.
Thanks DriGuy, I could almost have written that myself. On the day I was sat having my morning coffee and all of a sudden I remembered that, that day I was one year sober and it was a bit shocking lol. I do everything I can not be become complacent but, as you said I just knew it was going to happen.

I am at a time in my life (the first time in a VERY long time) where things are falling into place and things are just good. I am just enjoying and appreciating everything, it might sound silly but I think this is what happiness feel like.

Thanks again
Old 05-04-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Helianthus View Post
I am just enjoying and appreciating everything, it might sound silly but I think this is what happiness feel like.
I'm picking that up in your writing. Yeah, happiness; You know it when you feel it.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

A whole year, that is fantastic Helianthus! Glad you are feeling in a good place too.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for inspiring me tonight!

Congratulations!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well done!