Notices

My ex left me yesterday

Old 05-03-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My ex left me yesterday

We were together for a year and a half and he has bipolar disorder type 1 and is an alcoholic. He was physically, verbally and emotionally abusive. I can't help feeling like this is just one last slap in the face. He told me that he was doing this because he loves me and that I deserved better. He said that he is not a good man and that he is an example of a bad example. We have been on again and off again the entire relationship. I left and went back twice. I think he's really gone for good this time because when he said he was doing this because he loved me I said I love you too, have a good life. He texted back saying you too. I just don't understand him because he was talking about how he wanted to marry me before and how we were going to have this life together. Now all of a sudden he wants nothing to do with me. I get that we fought a lot and that it was a pretty tumultuous relationship but I don't understand how he can love me one minute and seem to hate me the next. He says he loves me but he seems very indifferent towards me. I could tell his behavior started changing when he didn't care if I left his house unlike before and he said that he didn't care if I left with a male friend. Then he turns around and says he was tired of all the male friends on my Facebook. I don't understand the hot and cold Behavior. Do you think he will be back eventually or do you think he's done for good? I'm just really confused and I don't know where else to turn. I I have done nothing but help him and try to support him through his alcoholism and bipolar disorder and it seems like nothing I ever do is good enough for him. I've been going through being sad and angry and confused and just fed up all the same time. What do I do? Please help me because I feel like I'm falling apart. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and honestly, I hope for your sake, he is gone for good. You deserve better than someone who is physically, verbally and emotionally abusive. He has to deal with his alcoholism and mental health issues, and I hope that you take this opportunity to take care of yourself and to move on with your own life.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Down the road you will be grateful this happened...if you let it. I hope you do.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can move on with your life without him. Abuse is never ok.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My advice; Read what you wrote and ask yourself what you'd tell your daughter,mother,friend if they came to you asking your advice about a similar situation they were in and then seek some 'help'/therapy on why YOU would want to be in such a horrible relationship in the first place.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like a blessing. You may not see it now, but you will.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive". I encourage you to forget about this man. Do you think you may be suffering Battered Spouse Syndrome?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuck76 View Post
"Physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive". I encourage you to forget about this man. Do you think you may be suffering Battered Spouse Syndrome?
I think so. There is something that happens when you get into an abusive relationship called trauma bonding. It's basically the same thing as Stockholm Syndrome. I honestly think that this was just one more way for him to abuse and control me. He knows that I have left him and gone back twice and I think he just wanted to end things on his terms this time. Well I say let him. Sure I'm hurt but at the same time he did me a favor. I'm sure that I will get past this eventually it's just that it just happened the other day so it's still kind of fresh. I plan on getting into therapy.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good plan. And, yes, you will get past this and be better and stronger for it.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Blackroses, I sincerely hope you will hold your own. Have you deleted phone number, all contact and social media? It's like quitting cold turkey, it may hurt at first, but breaking off all contact is the best way to move forward with your life. No more back and forth. You deserve better.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Blackroses - Welcome

Like everyone else here I think this will ultimately be a good thing for you.
Move on and find a love thats worthy of you

D