Notices

Day 175 ...

Old 05-02-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 175 ...

1/2 year sober in less than a week. Its been a journey for sure. I do not crave alcohol at all anymore. I do not need it to survive. Sure there are days or occasions I see people drink or talk about drinking but I dont hold onto an emotion associated with that anymore. Somehow I see through it. I am aware of the chaos a drink would quickly cause in my life. I rise above it and move on. I have been hearing about a stronger sobriety muscle growing. I think it rings true. I have certainly been exposed to various stressful situations where a drink would have quickly numbed or made me escape the reality of the situation but rather than act on the impulse I have somehow managed to be rational and logical about the situation. I just returned from a week long brother/sister reunion staying with my sister in Europe over Easter. It was the first time we spent time together since our teens me being sober. It was also the first time I spent sober in my own home country. A win win on all fronts.
My self confidence keeps growing (if thats possible) I can articulate myself better, I am calm, logical and my health and weight all within normal ranges.
I have not had one “sick” day away from work in the past 6 months. My work productivity is at optimum. I am now regarded as a valued team member and my opinions and decisions are taken seriously. I am happy most of the time with the odd not so good days which is normal. My life has just become that, normal. I know what can change this in a matter of minutes and I do not want to risk it. This far outweighs any time spent drinking. I hope this comes across to somebody starting out on their recovery journey as “ It is possible”. I am just one tiny little drop in the alcoholic ocean but I wish someone can find a bit of hope by reading my short journey just 6 months into this.
❤️🙏❤️
Old 05-02-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your continued progress Sydneyman

D
Old 05-03-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats
Old 05-03-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats sydneyman!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great stuff Sydneyman.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Excellent! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-03-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome - thanks for this.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic post, sydneyman. It is so good to hear that you are enjoying the goodness of sobriety.

Well done, my friend.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job!

Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you. The best thing I learnt in rehab was opposite to addiction is connection. In what ever form it may be, AA, NA , SR , DB , Smart etc. I need it daily like brushing my teeth 😎👍