Notices

I finally got the help I needed

Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally got the help I needed

Hello Neighbors,

I made it to Day 3...it was rough..i relapsed during my Whi'key taper...For me, it didnt work...just led to more consumption and progressive illness...procrastinated with going to E.R. for days until I was having so many WD symptoms that I wasnt able to board a flight to pick up my beautiful 4 yo son from his dad's in Florida...that was the final straw bc I miss him sooo much and know it could have been prevented if I got help sooner..

The good news is that when he does come, I'll be healthy and not trying to function in my addiction as I always have. The other good news is that since my last drink I've been able to move around and not lay bedridden from the horrible effects of active alcoholism..My BF is onboard too. We quit together. I've cleaned the whole house, got back to my artwork and looking forward to sober activities to fill my time..Im a blackout alcoholic and don't miss those days AT ALL..I know down the road there will be cravings or feelings of entitlement to have just one drink...Glad I have SR to run to when it happens..I want this NEW LIFE and everything that comes with it.
I appreciate and wish the best to everyone on here for your continued support and concern and thrilled I can share with you all this good news...

Still having the hallucinations, but day by day, I'm getting a grip on reality which is SUCH a relief. I thank God and SR. Peace & 💘
Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi your sounding super positive which is great ~ well done on your 3 days, a perfect start.

Long long walks in a peaceful forest helped me in my first few months with the relentless cravings I was getting, coming home exhausted and hungry. Dinner, bed and another day was done.

Can only get better from here on in...
Old 04-30-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 3 is great and I am glad you got the help you needed. I couldn't taper either, and for me, it got worse instead of better. I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you continue to read and post here for support.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and congratulations on your three days. That is great and a huge accomplishment.
You do sound super positive, that's the outlook.
You've changed your life for the better for you and your son.
Yep, come here when and if you get an urge for that first drink.
Best to you, and keep it up you're doing great.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi KTB! I think that most SR users find tapering impossible even though it is more logical on the face of it than quitting outright. That is addiction doing its worst. Congratulations on day 3, hopefully those hallucinations will stop shortly. As with all early recoverists make sure to drink enough water.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I have thought about how you are after reading your post here. Stay strong, glad you are back and please stick with us.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am really glad you got some help KTB

D
Old 05-01-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your positive comments...
Im eating sooooo much now.. Which is good because I can clearly see how malnutritioned I had become while drinking. My alcoholic mind actually made me believe that eating was a nuisance that impeded my ability to drink. No wonder I was in such horrible shape. Even after 4 days I've noticed a glow on my skin and my once yellowed and reddend eyes have become more clear. I feel more alive than I have ever have in more than a decade ago when I was pregnant with my first son. I woke up and actually took a shower and tidied up my house. I was able to enjoy a cup of tea and remembered to take my meds. I got my goodwill items sorted. I made my bed.
Rewind 5 days ago, I lay on the couch or in bed unable to even sip water without regurgitating it violently, I wouldn't take showers for days at a time , nor leave the house. I was living in hell. I would walk to the store missing out on the beautiful sky and nature around me, because I was sick and only focused on getting to my next drink. My hands would tremble when I passed the money to the cashier in exchange for my morning fix. Embarrassed but no shame at all, because I was past caring what anyone thought.

Today, Day 4, I ain't got to live like that no more!!!
Tomorrow I'm headed to gym for first time in a long time. I plan to take it easy while there. One day at a time.

Love y'all!

Old 05-03-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you on SR I'm on Day 6 and loving it
Old 05-03-2019, 11:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yay! Love your attitude, girl. Totally relate to that last post, especially enjoying food so much more. You got a lot to live for (esp the little tyke) and look forward to your success
Old 05-04-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats KTB

D