SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Beast whispered to me today. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438062-beast-whispered-me-today.html)

Snowydelrico 04-23-2019 01:51 PM

Beast whispered to me today.

2 weeks single now.
Thinking to myself, well I can do all the things she moaned about me doing now and live my life how I want. Feeling a little nostalgic.

‘You could drink now if you like’ said the beast.

NOT ON YOUR NELLY!
I’ve only just been freed, I’m not subscribing to more punishment.
Got to get up earlier than that to catch me out.
I’ve well and truly got it’s number now. 666

Dee74 04-23-2019 02:05 PM

good for you - stay true Snowy :)

D

Hevyn 04-23-2019 02:12 PM

I know how you feel, Snowy.
Proud of you for resisting that whisper.

Ghostlight1 04-23-2019 02:22 PM

Yes, proud of you here as well. Great going.
Best to you in sobriety.

mariposa 04-23-2019 02:34 PM

I got a whisper today too, day at the beach would be nice getting cold beers at some beach grill.... not today satan 👊🏼👹 getting over the short term to go after my long term goals and happiness is more important. Plus who wants to be dehydrated, drunk, sandy and hot wasted out at the beach bloated like a fool? Not me

Dandelion12 04-23-2019 02:51 PM

Yup, just plain evil.

The thought of having a drink makes me sick right now, but evey time I have a quiet, restful moment "why not have one to relax" pops into my head.

Its incredible. I dont even WANT one.

zerothehero 04-23-2019 05:46 PM

It's just neurons firing on a well-worn path. Just replace it with a consistent alternative thought to strengthen a new path. With time the beast mostly shuts up. Mine is now a 90 pound weakling with spongy nubs for horns.

Atlast9999 04-23-2019 07:41 PM

Good for you for recognizing and resisting the beast. Stories like this remind me that vigilance is the way to win this battle. Well done on winning!

kinzoku 04-23-2019 10:22 PM

Good for you in staying strong. I can't find an emoji of me rocking out with devil horns.

Snowydelrico 04-23-2019 10:43 PM

Thanks for the boosting reply’s everyone.

[QUOTE=zerothehero;7170868]It's just neurons firing on a well-worn path. Just replace it with a consistent alternative thought to strengthen a new path.
This is what it felt like to me but wasn’t sure how to put it in to words.
:thanks

Doris47 04-23-2019 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7170716)
2 weeks single now.
Thinking to myself, well I can do all the things she moaned about me doing now and live my life how I want. Feeling a little nostalgic.

NOT ON YOUR NELLY!

I will hunt you down, and I will kick your ass if you ever let that beast in 😝😜😝😜 I look to you for inspiration snowy. You got this me ole mucker, time to live your best life now. Much love to you darlin 🙏

Mummyto2 04-24-2019 12:32 AM

well done great job

sweetichick 04-24-2019 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7170716)
2 weeks single now.

NOT ON YOUR NELLY!

That was a really uplifting post. I like the way you referred to alcohol as 666. There’s always nostalgic moments in a breakup but your money is your own and your time is your own. So glad you ignored the beast.

thomas11 04-24-2019 04:22 AM

Good job, be prepared for the day when the beast stops whispering and starts screaming.

MLD51 04-24-2019 06:58 AM

Those neurons will keep on firing at the oddest of times, for quite some time. Just be prepared. I'm over 4 years sober and still get the occasional little whisper now and then, that a drink or two would be a nice way to unwind. I can easily tell it to get lost, but it's still unsettling. I just play a quick tape in my head of what it might look like if I drank, and it's not pretty at all. Stops that thought right in its tracks.

Doris47 04-24-2019 08:59 AM

Repeat after me " not today Satan" 🙌🙌🙌

lessgravity 04-24-2019 09:56 AM

It's funny how that, as far as we get from the last time we gave in to the Beast, it has just been sitting at the back of the dark, dank, ugly cave waiting for the time to reassert its awful plans and thoughts and desires. For many of us, including myself, the weather gives the Beast a poke. Regardless you are sober and strong.

Thank you for sharing and good work.