Notices

Day 165

Old 04-22-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 165

In Europe visiting my younger sister for a week. We have never spent any sober time together since our childhood. I was always drugged or drunk previously. My sister understandably had reservations about me staying with her. I have been a total douche bag in front of her in my active addiction. Now only a couple of more nights I am happy to say that we had a great brother/sister bonding time. We still have our differences but I can now deal with them in a rational and logical way and respectable way. She could not believe the physical transformation in me. She said she never seen me look so good even comparing me to my younger modelling days. That was of course a great ego boost.
We visited our parents memorial plaques at the cemetery. It was morbid and made me think of my own mortality. I was out of it constantly during their diseases and their funerals. My biggest regret now in my life.
Yesterday I watched Louis Therouxs “drinking to oblivion” I happened to find it taped on her TV. What an eyeopener, raw and in your face look at alcohol
addiction. As I am heading towards 6 months of sobriety my life has completely turned around. I dont want to even give a thought of drinking again. I have cemented pandoras box totally shut
Old 04-22-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good rest of your trip Sydneyman

D
Old 04-22-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks D..The impossible is not impossible. Today Sobriety comes first, resilience goes hand in hand with recovery. Seeing alcohol for what it is. Thats a good path to be on. I will not regret the past or worry about the future. As long as I dont drink today I am a success and the impossible is a possible reality. Sobriety is giving me a good life. It was the missing link. I knew it all this time but was too scared to face, alcohol gave me a false sense of comfort. I now have it real in my life. Nothing beats it.