Notices

Hi

Old 04-21-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I知 currently working on stopping drinking I致e been sober for 5 days. I致e been drinking for nearly 20 years off and on, mostly on! Lost jobs loved ones family friends money, you name it I致e lost it. I struggled yesterday with it being the holidays but I didn稚 give in. I知 a wife mum sister daughter cousin Aunty and I love all my family friends. I知 an addict and I知 trying not to be 🤞🏻
Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome to SR Spaghetti!! You値l find lots of support and understanding here from a lovely community. xx
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi spaggetti well done on day 5 and good luck on your journey, im only at day 2 but your past sounds just like mine, i too am determined to beat this.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, to the community Spaghetti and well done on 5 days

D
Old 04-22-2019, 01:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Spaghetti, glad you're here. I like your username! lol

You can do this. You deserve all the joy a life without alcohol has to offer.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on 5 days, you池e trying not to be an addict, unfortunately we will always be addicts, but you can turn it around and have a lovely life with your family as long as you don稚 pick up, you can do this, best of luck
Old 04-22-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I知 pleased at the responses already. I知 really tired of myself to be honest and I知 not feeling great today! My username is the name I had for my dobie Edy who passed away a few weeks ago! Miss him every day. I知 going to get better and prove to myself that I can live my life without alcohol. I知 not kidding myself I知 sure it won稚 be easy but I知 sure as hell gonna try my best 🙏🏻
Old 04-22-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Our dogs are such blessings arent they ?

You must have given him a wonderful life full of love

My little Maltese has been my angel, and I need to straighten up and fly right. I dont want to ever ever get myself to the place I was after my last binge.

Welcome aboard and heres to living better lives!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi and welcome
Old 04-22-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to SR! Glad you are here with us. Sorry about your doggie. I have had pets all my life. I had 5 minpins that were my 'children'. It is hard to lose them. They are never forgotten.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, Spaghetti. Sorry about your dog.

Something that really resonated with me just before I quit was someone posting on social media that they were going to bed sober. That just sounded delicious to me.

Make it happen! We're here if you want to talk, as a matter of fact talking helps.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Hi spaggetti well done on day 5 and good luck on your journey, im only at day 2 but your past sounds just like mine, i too am determined to beat this.
I think the first two days especially the first I was too hungover to want a drink second day feeling sorry for myself. Third fourth and fifth my brain keeps telling me I知 okay and I can have a drink. Been there so many times and it just leads me back into ruin. As long as I keep remaining positive and remembering how awful I am on drink I知 sure I can do this
Old 04-22-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Welcome, Spaghetti. Sorry about your dog.

Something that really resonated with me just before I quit was someone posting on social media that they were going to bed sober. That just sounded delicious to me.

Make it happen! We're here if you want to talk, as a matter of fact talking helps.
Thank you I still have Bella my other rescue dobie she痴 missing Edy as much as me I知 sure! I知 feeling I have lots more time to fill. Probably because I知 starting to function a bit better. I知 finding it really hard to sleep not drinking anymore and I知 up early as I have a 6 year old son. I知 sure I値l have lots to do but it just feels like I have a lot more time to do it. I知 trying to be kind to myself and take everything slow but it doesn稚 come naturally 😴
Old 04-22-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spaghetti2019 View Post

Thank you I still have Bella my other rescue dobie she痴 missing Edy as much as me I知 sure! I知 feeling I have lots more time to fill. Probably because I知 starting to function a bit better. I知 finding it really hard to sleep not drinking anymore and I知 up early as I have a 6 year old son. I知 sure I値l have lots to do but it just feels like I have a lot more time to do it. I知 trying to be kind to myself and take everything slow but it doesn稚 come naturally 😴
The sleep thing took me a while. I often had to get up at 2-3AM and come on this site with a piece of toast and some hot chocolate. I found that helped me go back to sleep.

And yes, so many hours in the days now! It's a good thing.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I know spaghetti i've been through that cycle so many times, when im ill i cant imagine ever even wanting to drink again but then the av takes over. But this time i need to pull out all the tools i can find as i have to beat it i really want a happy healthy life no other option left.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here痴 to another clean sober day 🤞🏻😊
Old 04-22-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You're off to a great start Spaghetti! Stay the course!!
Old 04-22-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks 🙏🏻
Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Spaghetti!

I just joined yesterday and wanted to tell you that I feel like i'm already benefitting from the decision. There is so much good advice on the forums and a lot of people who TRULY CARE.

Welcome! <3

Also... glad to meet another newbie :-)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome, what a great time in your life to get sober and start to recover!