Notices

Anne Hathaway is a really fun & awesome drunk

Old 04-20-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anne Hathaway is a really fun & awesome drunk

In an interview Hathaway says, “I didn’t put [a drink] down because my drinking was a problem; I put it down because the way I drink leads me to have hangovers and those were the problem,” says Hathaway, who resides outside New York with her family. “My last hangover lasted for five days. When I’m at a stage in my life where there is enough space for me to have a hangover, I’ll start drinking again, but that won’t be until my kid is out of the house. But, I just want to make this clear: Most people don’t have to do such an extreme thing. I don’t think drinking is bad. It’s just the way I do it—which I personally think is really fun and awesome—is just not the kind of fun and awesome that goes with having a child for me. But this isn’t a moralistic stance.”
---------

Denial anyone? who does she think she's fooling lol. A 5 day hangover is alcohol withdrawal.
But I totally admire her superhuman strength to set the perfect time limit of 18 years to get back to her perfect fun loving drinking self when prolonged "hangovers" will be wonderful and cool again.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I need to add that I quit my fun loving drinking cuz for me too the 5 day hangovers were the problem.
but I'm not judging you. 😏
Old 04-20-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In that same interview she also said she couldn’t moderate....
Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely some red flags. Whatever happens though I hope the best for her. We’ll be here if she ever ends up down our road.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
In that same interview she also said she couldn’t moderate....
I didn't see that part. Then why say that drinking for her isn't a problem.
I'm quite certain it isn't for anyone here.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AtomicBlue View Post
Definitely some red flags. Whatever happens though I hope the best for her. We’ll be here if she ever ends up down our road.
Yeah, she could use an Alias, but with her money I'm sure she could afford the fanciest rehab centers and/or round the clock or daily top notch professional help.

She just seems standoffish to me.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have to ask; where do you see "denial" in her statement? Reads to me like personal ownership of her drinking.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

I think her mentality isn’t that different than many of us had before we hit our moment of clarity. It is so hard to see and define yourself as an alcoholic before you cross over to the point of no return.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It was me after the end quote.

Her statement is ******** and filled in sugar coated denial. She does not take ownership, she says it is NOT a problem for her. She makes it seem like it's all rosy, fun and enjoyable, so wonderful that it's never been a problem. She just always had a jolly time and was a jolly person drinking, it was the "5 day hangovers" that were the problem.

It's not forthcoming. We've all done things or said things or acted in ways when drinking, we wouldn't have sober. The withdrawals and or hangovers are the worst, but clearly while drinking (and being wonderful and fun at it too) she couldn't handle her responsibilities as she should.

I don't like the way she tries to paint herself and deny that drinking for her isn't the problem, when it clearly is.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If she is able to go the next 18 years without drinking, then she, obviously, isn't an alcoholic.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's pretty obvious you don't like her, period.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

There was a thread about this actress back in January that was a whole more positive than this one.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-drinking.html

I think it has a lot to do with how things are reported - and how much of our own baggage we bring to the table as readers.

Its easier sometimes to get caught up in someone else's story, and I get that - but I'd hate to be a celebrity and have my life, my mistakes, and my decisions raked over like this.

I have no idea if she's an alcoholic or not, or whether 5 day hangovers were the norm - I'd suspect they were not... but I hope she makes the 18 years and decides to go further....cos why not?

D
Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
I think her mentality isn’t that different than many of us had before we hit our moment of clarity. It is so hard to see and define yourself as an alcoholic before you cross over to the point of no return.
I get more of a sense that she portrays herself as a more dignified, groomed, proper and intellectually superior being who can perfectly manage it all.

I am sure she gets private treatment and most likely even since that interview may have relapsed or will in the next 18 years. It's like she wants you to believe that she will from now on put down her champagne glass, and flawlessly only pick it up again after 18 years .
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Caprice6 View Post
I get more of a sense that she portrays herself as a more dignified, groomed, proper and intellectually superior being who can perfectly manage it all.

I am sure she gets private treatment and most likely even since that interview may have relapsed or will in the next 18 years. It's like she wants you to believe that she will from now on put down her champagne glass, and flawlessly only pick it up again after 18 years .
If you have a problem with what she says or how she portrays herself I’d suggest you simply move on. Denial is very common so I’m not sure any of this should be a surprise.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It's pretty obvious you don't like her, period.
It's not a matter of liking her or not, it's more that I don't believe her, and don't like the sugar coating.

You think, even she does relapse, she'd admit to it? You think it isn't a problem? Maybe you're right, but I read "5 day hangovers" differently, for starters.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok - we're done.

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
I don't mind threads about celebrities if they're constructive - but this one is clearly not.

You're entitled to your opinion Caprice, but lets leave it there and all move on - there are many folks here right now on SR who need our help and support .

Dee
SR