SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   cbd helpful or not ? is this mean i have relapsed ? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437951-cbd-helpful-not-mean-i-have-relapsed.html)

ulfr 04-19-2019 02:33 PM

cbd helpful or not ? is this mean i have relapsed ?

sorry i haven't been around in forever ( its serenity river ) i changed my name again
i have been away from here because i been using cbd ( its legal here ) and its seems to have stop my disordered thinking am unsure how i feel about it am happier and more focused on mindfulness and Buddhism
unsure what this may be medication or drug use
i want to still smoke it but its not feeling like a relapse

Dandelion12 04-19-2019 02:46 PM

I used cbd oil that contains NO THC for anxiety

Imo, if what youre smoking contains THC then its a relspse, or using

ulfr 04-19-2019 02:50 PM

am smoking no THC the stuff with THC is illegal here
its in vamping form i use

Dandelion12 04-19-2019 02:52 PM

As long as theres no THC there shouldnt be an objection.

I tried the oil for anxiety but didnt really notice anything beneficial after a month so I stopped using it.

Its really quite expensive

saoutchik 04-20-2019 10:32 AM

Good to see you on SR River

I hope it works for you as you deserve to catch a break.

John65 04-20-2019 12:12 PM

Hi River,

The legal CBD in the UK is not psychoactive so in my opinion is just a medicine. I wouldn't regard using it as a relapse so try not to stress about it.

John

ReadyAtLast 04-20-2019 12:35 PM

What is cbd and thc ?

ScottFromWI 04-20-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7168640)
What is cbd and thc ?

CBD is a compound found in marinuana and hemp that is purported to have some health benefits but not make you "high" like THC -which is the compound/drug in Pot that gets you high.

Here in the US everyone seems to be jumping the CBD bandwagon now that it's been legalized and it's showing up in foods, cremes, oils and pretty much anywhere it can be sold - people are really trying to cash in on the newfound availability. Having said that, very few of the benefits have been clinically proven and there's not much research on it. AKA - it's being marketed as a "cure all" for many things without a lot of proof.

Bottom line there's usually not a magic pill to fix all our problems in my opinion.

Serenity - if you are using something that is helping with another problem, I'd run it by your doc or therapist just to make sure and also check the ingredients just to make sure you know exactly what's in it.

saoutchik 04-20-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7168640)
What is cbd and thc ?

CBD is a cannabinoid or chemical compound found in cannabis.

THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol is another but it is the main psychoactive constituent of cannabis