SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   2 years sober on 28/4/19 and higher power found (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437809-2-years-sober-28-4-19-higher-power-found.html)

listae 04-15-2019 09:41 PM

Congrats Bruno! Your achievement and words are great teachings for those us in early sobriety!:You_Rock_

MindfulMan 04-15-2019 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by itshardtosignup (Post 7165354)
thats the struggle im having right now, is identifying a higher power.

Originally Posted by itshardtosignup (Post 7165355)
can i just offer that i wish finding a higher power was that simple for me? whatever god i pray to tends to not answer back, and if i won a prize for being sober im unaware of what it was except health and money. not to be crass, but realistically, i get laid less and spend alot of time alone.

Originally Posted by itshardtosignup (Post 7165586)
I thank you for your reply, and I almost cant believe what i typed in my first posts here. I trivialized my own health and went right back to taking it for granted. Im an ingrate and shouldn't be.

It reminds me of this guy i met long ago who was a big whoop of some sort in Vegas, and almost died in a Florida ER. He quit drinking, goes to aa meetings and told me once that alcohol makes people selfish. Yeah I sure hear his words when I re-read my post. A spoiled brat who acted like an ingrate for his meld score dropping from 40 to 6. (i am the person I am mocking here, if it wasn't clear)

Thank you for taking a moment to reply to me, I will post more when i get over being embarrassed about that first try.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Still an agnostic.
Still can't define a higher power.
Still not doing 12 Step recovery
Still sober, almost 2 years now
Still no urge to drink

It's not for everybody, and there are other ways to make the sober journey.

itshardtosignup 04-15-2019 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by MindfulMan (Post 7165609)
Nothing to be ashamed of.

Still an agnostic.
Still can't define a higher power.
Still not doing 12 Step recovery
Still sober, almost 2 years now
Still no urge to drink

It's not for everybody, and there are other ways to make the sober journey.

so how did you solve this one thing? I like girls and boobies and such, I know on saturday i could have had some if i hadn't gone home just to be sober.

how did you solve sobriety over boobies?

itshardtosignup 04-15-2019 10:48 PM

im just saying im really not very cool as a sober guy, i'm just not. but ... my higher power needs to be remembering all the good ive done...

itshardtosignup 04-15-2019 11:27 PM

in a roundabout way, this was a love letter to girls i guess .

im not particularly politically correct, but i want to be a better person