Notices

Day 1

Old 04-13-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ait

Day 1

Hi,I’m going to bed sober tonight. Today was not easy but I have to do this. Thank you all for sharing your stories here. It feels good to know I’m not alone in this.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And the best part is you'll wake up sober.
Hope you have a restful sleep.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, you're certainly not alone here and welcome.
Glad you're going to bed sober tonight. Think of the misery and regret you'll save yourself.
No, sometimes it's not easy. But so worth it.
Best wishes to you. And congratulations on day 1. That is great!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on day one ait - a great start

D
Old 04-13-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and if anything you are very, very far from being alone here.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ait

Today Morning I have a little headache and I feel sad about the idea of not drinking for good. I will try to have some breakfast and maybe go for a walk. It’s a sunny Sunday morning now where I live.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi ait. You can do this. I felt like this just a week ago. It is also sunny morning here. Not warm but nice. Im going for a walk soon because if I stay here my head can go negative. It is just nice to wake up sober,
Old 04-14-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ait

Hi, just checking in. It’s about 7 pm and that’s exactly when my cravings start. I am watching a movie and try not to think about it but it’s really annoying. I downloaded the app ‚I am sober‘ and it tells just 6 more hours and Day 2 is over! The headache is gone and i feel better.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ait

Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy View Post
Hi ait. You can do this. I felt like this just a week ago. It is also sunny morning here. Not warm but nice. Im going for a walk soon because if I stay here my head can go negative. It is just nice to wake up sober,
Thank you. Yes it is a nice feeling.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ait

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Welcome and if anything you are very, very far from being alone here.
Thank you
Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ait

Originally Posted by Bathbomb View Post
And the best part is you'll wake up sober.
Hope you have a restful sleep.
yes it is really the best part
Old 04-14-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Feeling bad about not ever drinking again? I think it's common to go through a bit of a grieving process but I kept reminding myself WHY I was quitting. Why I joined an alcohol recovery site. What had transpired that was so soul-sucking that I knew I had to walk away from it.

Maybe sit down and write out a timeline of your drinking and the things that happened as a result. How you felt, who you were mean to or who you allowed to treat you badly. How you felt in detail just before you decided to quit. The sickness. The shame, regret, anxiety, depression, fear, all of it. Start with your first drink and write it or type it all out.

There is very little good and a whole lot of bad in my timeline. I made very poor choices under the influence.

I don't dwell on that anymore, but it was helpful in early sobriety to remember why I felt it was time to be done.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think that's a great idea biminiblue.
I'm a list maker. I've started a journal and apart from thoughts I also include lists of why I'm giving up, how I feel when I'm hungover, awful things I've said and done while drinking, the positives of being sober etc. I'm only on day 8 but I know I'll be referring to these lists to keep me motivated and on track in the future.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done Ait, day 2 is a good place to be. I found day 3 to be the hardest so get through that and you can get through any day. Stick close to S.R and post as often as you can, we're all here for you. x
Old 04-15-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ait

... and failed

I live with my boyfriend. We both had a hard day today and after work went to get some groceries. Do you want a cold beer? He said. No thanks but get yourself what you want ,I said. I ended up drinking with him. The sad part is, I think if it just said No, he wouldn’t get any at all. This is crazy.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You need to talk with the boyfriend and explain your desire and goal to be sober.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You really need to WANT sobriety more than drinking. Sometimes it takes more than one go. I tried twice before but I knew deep deep down that I was just going to take a break from it. That's what happened to me last time. I was 30days sober so what do I do end doing drinking. I drank and snorted coke for 1 week I totally got to my lowest I ever had been. I didn't eat just feeding my addictions day and night. I forged a medical certificate and emailed to work, a new work place where I was just made permanent, and I was in heaven. I could get out of it for a week. My partner found me passed out on the floor at the end of the bingeing week, bleeding from my nose and bruises everywhere. I ended up in inpatient rehab. I learnt a lot at rehab. I have not used since then over 5 months ago. I NEVER WANT to go back there again.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ait View Post
Hi,I’m going to bed sober tonight. Today was not easy but I have to do this. Thank you all for sharing your stories here. It feels good to know I’m not alone in this.
Same here, the hours feel days, 3:30 pm, a few more to go and feel maybe better or a different kind of bad as the anxiety levels kick in on the 2 following days. The worse for me are the tremors, sweating and fatigue on day 1.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Honestly 'ait' - you need to tell him how you feeling about drink.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with the consensus ait - you need to have a serious talk with your bf about what you're trying to do.

Maybe a little more support, or using the support you already have a little more, will help too?

Post here first, before you decide to drink?

D