SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What is it about Friday’s? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437757-what-about-friday-s.html)

Chrissy1104 04-12-2019 11:15 AM

What is it about Friday’s?

I mean really why is Friday the hardest day of the week? As someone who drank everyday why Friday? Why not Tuesday being the hardest day? The booze doesn’t care! I’m not sure what day I’m on. Maybe 41? I’m not going to drink but the urge is stronger today. So I’ll Go home after work, Make a quick dinner and continue binge watching GOT with my husband. Best plan ever!

The best thing about sobriety is being sober. And no hangover.

:wavey: Happy weekend all!

vxper 04-12-2019 11:57 AM

I never really felt this, Friday was always just another day but then again I was drinking almost all day every day. This is one of the things that got me the most frightened. "Party nights" that I would go to everyone would be in a great mood and looking forward to the evening blah blah blah, I would already be drunk but not feeling it yet and be in a mood of "Let's quite the BS and get to it before the shakes and sweats start".

Next morning my wife would be hungover and I would be mixing my morning pick me up and starting the day of drinking again. It just gets to the point eventually that there is nothing less appealing to me. I like your plan of binge watching GOT, gotta get ready for Sunday (something you can HONESTLY look forward to!)

doggonecarl 04-12-2019 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chrissy1104 (Post 7163370)
I mean really why is Friday the hardest day of the week? As someone who drank everyday why Friday?

I drank every day too. But I could REALLY drink on Friday nights, Saturdays and Saturday nights, and Sundays. So yeah, my addiction looked forward to Friday and the weekend to follow.

Chrissy1104 04-12-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by vxper (Post 7163400)
I never really felt this, Friday was always just another day but then again I was drinking almost all day every day. This is one of the things that got me the most frightened. "Party nights" that I would go to everyone would be in a great mood and looking forward to the evening blah blah blah, I would already be drunk but not feeling it yet and be in a mood of "Let's quite the BS and get to it before the shakes and sweats start".

Next morning my wife would be hungover and I would be mixing my morning pick me up and starting the day of drinking again. It just gets to the point eventually that there is nothing less appealing to me. I like your plan of binge watching GOT, gotta get ready for Sunday (something you can HONESTLY look forward to!)

It is a terrible cycle. One I’m much happier without. I somehow justified that early afternoon drinking on the weekends was ok. I’m there also. It no longer sounds appealing! Happy GOT weekend!

Chrissy1104 04-12-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 7163409)
I drank every day too. But I could REALLY drink on Friday nights, Saturdays and Saturday nights, and Sundays. So yeah, my addiction looked forward to Friday and the weekend to follow.

Funny the way that is. The desire for a hangover free Saturday and Sunday seems to be stronger now. Thankfully!!