Notices

What is it about Friday’s?

Old 04-12-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is it about Friday’s?

I mean really why is Friday the hardest day of the week? As someone who drank everyday why Friday? Why not Tuesday being the hardest day? The booze doesn’t care! I’m not sure what day I’m on. Maybe 41? I’m not going to drink but the urge is stronger today. So I’ll Go home after work, Make a quick dinner and continue binge watching GOT with my husband. Best plan ever!

The best thing about sobriety is being sober. And no hangover.

Happy weekend all!
Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I never really felt this, Friday was always just another day but then again I was drinking almost all day every day. This is one of the things that got me the most frightened. "Party nights" that I would go to everyone would be in a great mood and looking forward to the evening blah blah blah, I would already be drunk but not feeling it yet and be in a mood of "Let's quite the BS and get to it before the shakes and sweats start".

Next morning my wife would be hungover and I would be mixing my morning pick me up and starting the day of drinking again. It just gets to the point eventually that there is nothing less appealing to me. I like your plan of binge watching GOT, gotta get ready for Sunday (something you can HONESTLY look forward to!)
Old 04-12-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Chrissy1104 View Post
I mean really why is Friday the hardest day of the week? As someone who drank everyday why Friday?
I drank every day too. But I could REALLY drink on Friday nights, Saturdays and Saturday nights, and Sundays. So yeah, my addiction looked forward to Friday and the weekend to follow.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vxper View Post
I never really felt this, Friday was always just another day but then again I was drinking almost all day every day. This is one of the things that got me the most frightened. "Party nights" that I would go to everyone would be in a great mood and looking forward to the evening blah blah blah, I would already be drunk but not feeling it yet and be in a mood of "Let's quite the BS and get to it before the shakes and sweats start".

Next morning my wife would be hungover and I would be mixing my morning pick me up and starting the day of drinking again. It just gets to the point eventually that there is nothing less appealing to me. I like your plan of binge watching GOT, gotta get ready for Sunday (something you can HONESTLY look forward to!)
It is a terrible cycle. One I’m much happier without. I somehow justified that early afternoon drinking on the weekends was ok. I’m there also. It no longer sounds appealing! Happy GOT weekend!
Old 04-12-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I drank every day too. But I could REALLY drink on Friday nights, Saturdays and Saturday nights, and Sundays. So yeah, my addiction looked forward to Friday and the weekend to follow.
Funny the way that is. The desire for a hangover free Saturday and Sunday seems to be stronger now. Thankfully!!