SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Press Accountability Thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437719-press-accountability-thread.html)

Pressmetilihurt 04-11-2019 12:10 AM

Press Accountability Thread

Day 12. Went to a meeting. Shared. Talk to my sponsor. Didn't drink. Sat through weird feelings but let them pass.

Tailai 04-11-2019 01:24 AM

Way to go Press!

Dee74 04-11-2019 03:58 AM

Congrats on day 12 Press :)

D

Lucy79 04-11-2019 12:43 PM

Congrats on day 12!!

january161992 04-12-2019 10:11 AM

nice

when i was new having a formal service position at the meeting like coffee maker was the way my sponsor told me to demonstrate accountability

:You_Rock_

Pressmetilihurt 04-12-2019 04:05 PM

Stuff I haven't done today
Go to a meeting
Call my sponsorRead read any AA stuff
Journal
Help help somebody else in AA
Stuff stuff I have done todayThink about myself. A lot
Think think about drinking
work.. a little..
Be caustic with my ex.
Resent everyone. Okay not everyone. Mostly just the people close to me

sweetichick 04-12-2019 04:13 PM

Don’t beat yourself up Press. As long as you didn’t drink you have succeeded today.

Dee74 04-12-2019 04:13 PM

You know how slippery the road gets when we stop doing the work Press.

Even if you're really down on yourself and other people right now you need to work though that - it's your addiction pulling you back in.. Your inner addict knows those kinds of feelings coupled with inaction on your part has meant drinking in the past - but it needn't end that way again.

Go to a meeting (or two) Call your sponsor. Get out of your own head a little and help someone else. Whatever works.

D

Pressmetilihurt 04-12-2019 10:50 PM

I took your suggestion and went to a meeting. I called my sponsor too. I'm grateful to be back here and working on my program. I do not ever want to drink again. But it doesn't matter what I want it only matters what I do. My sponsor told me today that I can remember that my first thought maybe the wrong.thought..

Tailai 04-12-2019 11:38 PM

Whew. Was worried there. Way to go Press. You’re doing great.

Pressmetilihurt 04-30-2019 09:34 PM

Went to outpatient group today. Then hit a mtg. Have been feeling so empty lately. I was in the store today looking at the wine in a can they have now. And all the bottles. I'm too close. Glad I'm back on the meeting train.

Dee74 04-30-2019 10:06 PM

The way to really deal with that emptiness is to stay sober Press, Have faith in the process.

Not drinking may not solve your problems completely, but what it will do is give you the best possible chance of finding the right healthy ways if dealing with them :)

D

sweetichick 05-01-2019 02:04 AM

I feel kind of empty as well. It's like losing a friend. Avoid the wine aisle. It won't help. I am glad that AA is working for you. Luckily in Australia wine is not available in supermarkets. Keep going Press . You have got this.