Notices

Day 11 - Still have a sponsor

Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 - Still have a sponsor

Things I learned on the call:
1. If I am committed to my sobriety and willing to go to any lengths then I will call her at the prescribed time.
2. My alcoholic thunkthi isi why I haven't poured out my leftover beer. I'm going to do that tonight.
3. Trying to date right now like I am is just trying to fill a god-sized hole. I need to go to meetings, be consistent meet people use the phone and the community. 11 days is 2 Roanoke Mall to start a relationship and then rest drinking over it.
4. When I'm having those urges and thoughts that send me into a spiral of feeling can I should call her and talk it through. Or call someone.
5. something about Fidelity. Oh yeah she said that surrendering means going over to the winning team. so for me van step three in the whole surrender thing is going over to the side of Amen the 12 steps and sobriety. I think.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 11 and continuing to learn and grow
Old 04-09-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please don't date pressme. Even if you just wait 3 months. It will give you more time to find yourself. Relationships are huge and you don't need one right now.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not wanting to hijack the thread... I'm Day 11 too. My emotions are SO strong, and a bit all over the place worse than normal.... worse than when i was drinking... that was my normal. So.... really really hard and im currently in a relationship that isn't super close (only 6 months). I am just trying not to make any changes or break up or anything based on feelings im hoping pass sooner rather than later.. creating a new life with sobriety is so massive on its own...
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey press - those are good points! I really like the part about calling someone when anything upsets you, or pops up as a question- or you just need to kill a few minutes!! I just started working w a new sponsee and one of the things I set is that she text me every day, and we will get together after a meeting ea Sun; she also comes to a non-AA meeting I lead for the restaurant industry.

Some of the other stuff you mention is material and knowledge etc that I worked out over time. The most important thing now is not to drink- glad you are sharing, and learning tools to keep going.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like some wise decisions press

D
Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great points, thanks for posting. Especially #1. For me that phone feels like it weighs 1000lbs. when I have the urge. I also feel like I'm going to disappoint someone if I call and tell them I want to drink, which is absolutely not true, except my alcoholic mind tells me it is. Great job on day 11!!