Notices

Really struggling

Old 04-10-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really struggling

Hi my name is Kristen

Someone told me if I posted here I would get some support. I am really desperate right now so anything is better than nothing.

Currently I've beaten a heroin addiction, battling a meth, weed and alcohol addiction. I don't know how I'm going to get through this but i have to as I'm staying with family and it can't always be this way

Any support or advice is much appreciated
Old 04-10-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry that previous post sounded really closed minded. If anyone wants to chat my hobbies are reading, writing, animals, water sports, gaming, music, histpru
Old 04-10-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kristen. I am sorry you are feeling this way but well done by beating all your addictions. All I know is that the cravings come and go, some more intense than others but please hang in there because it will pass. You did the right thing posting on here and not using, please try and distract yourself until the cravings pass. I find that 'playing the tape forward' helps; imagine what tomorrow will be like if you give in to the cravings, and the day after that and the day after that .....
I hope you can find something to keep you going, it will get better with time.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hi Kristen,

Your post didn't sound closed-minded at all. It sounded like you are desperate for help and perhaps open to looking at all of the options. You'll find a wealth of support here.

If you don't mind telling what you've tried to beat those other addictions, people can chime in with their suggestions. Well done on conquering the dope - how did you manage that?

Glad you've joined us - keep posting.

O
Old 04-10-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang on Kristen.

Does your family know you're fighting all of this? Do you have anyone in real life to talk with?

I used this site a lot to calm me down through those difficult early days. Keep reading and keep posting. We're here.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am aware that meth is one of the worst addictions to have as far as the lifestyle that revolves around it. Are currently using meth?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Kristen. You've got a tough road ahead of you - but I promise you will feel much better when you come out on the other side.

Are you seeing a doctor or anyone to help you?
Old 04-10-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kristen, I'm glad you found us, and you will find lots of support here.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Kristen - this is a place of great support - use us as much as you need to

D
Old 04-10-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

Someone asked how I got over previous addictions- I've had clean and sober time before - 3yrs, I went CT off heroin but wasn't a daily user (I know that's hard to believe).

Meth is the hardest to give up for sure. I haven't used for about 3 weeks and go instantly into psychosis when I use.

Alcohol is my gateway drug because as soon as I feel it's effects I want to use meth to sober up. i deleted all my dealers numbers though. At the moment I'm still drinking and smoking pot but am really keen to put an end to all that.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey, Kristen. I'm glad to see you again.

What I meant by asking how you did it, was... what did you do to stay away from the substances? How did the beginning of your 3 years sober come about? Is there something you can take from that experience to help you now?

O
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kristen187 View Post
Hi my name is Kristen

Someone told me if I posted here I would get some support. I am really desperate right now so anything is better than nothing.

Currently I've beaten a heroin addiction, battling a meth, weed and alcohol addiction. I don't know how I'm going to get through this but i have to as I'm staying with family and it can't always be this way

Any support or advice is much appreciated
Welcome to the human race, where we all experience adversity, frustration and anxiety. We don't get addicted to a substance that we have not learned does something for us. We all experience specific circumstances in life that become intolerable and overwhelming for us. It is these specific circumstances that cause us to feel helpless and trapped and we escape the trap with drugs. We regain control of our feelings with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals. This is a bad decision but works in the short term.

Now it's time to change your thinking and change your life. Regain control of your helpless trapped emotions by replacing that helpless trapped, powerless feeling with some other empowering value or behavior. This is hard to do when you are still in physical withdrawal. Pray about it, think about, choose a better life.

"Don't conform to this world, but be transformed with new thinking."Romans 12:2