Notices

Am I Worthless

Old 04-23-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Oh I drank for the effect too. I'd mix vodka with whatever I had near me and chug
No alcohol really tastes good to me, it's like people try to convince or lie to themselves of "good wine" at wine tastings. Some may go down smoother, but for me, it wouldn't be my drink of choice to go with a meal.i wish you continued success, no matter what, to stay motivated.
At first, it's great to count the days, every day I don't drink is a success enough for me. But if I eventually do relapse for the #5446 time after a while, I'll keep going (probably give up counting again) because if I'd start at Day 1 every time, at that pace, I could die at 103 years old having done weeks/months/years sober but be at day 57 by that logic.
I definitely do keep track again of the days too after a prolonged relapse period and force myself at this point to take the meds until the cravings subside over time. You may not need them, but to me it was like a last resort cuz I couldn't trust myself anymore swearing off alcohol for the millionth time and caving in eventually.
I did also manage to moderate it for about a month, only past a certain time, only this much. I thought I had it down now, until over time, it turned into a full fledged collapse. Again.