Notices

Feeling blah

Old 04-01-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling blah

I hate my life. Same ****. I feel bloated and fat. Can't fit my clothes. I know I'm whining.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're on the right road as long as you stay sober and work on your recovery Press. Have faith

D
Old 04-01-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's alright to whine. Sometimes there are things to whine about.
Please don't hate your life. Think of the alternative. Sometimes it doesn't work out the way we want, but that's life.

Just stay sober and things will only get better. I promise.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling bloated and fat, and whining. But staying sober, and that's the most important right?
Old 04-01-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Use the situation as an opportunity to do some research and learning PMTIH. There is a wealth of information available about inflammation and its various causes. Also look at a documentary if you haven't already called Fed Up. It is about the inflammatory properties of sugars and processed carbs. There is a chunk of the documentary devoted to finding who to blame for some of the dietary mess we are in and it certainly isn't just yourself. Give it a shot.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ever had the flu? think about three days in.....you basically want to die.
but, with a good plan for recovery, you get over it and before ya know it you forget how bad you felt.

same way with early days of sobriety. feel like crap for a few days and then start to get better. the trick is to just get thru it. assume you will feel like doo doo. know that you won't always feel that way.

actually when we feel lousy it means that our bodies are at the start of the recovery process. and good things are to come.

do not drink.
no matter what.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Keto diet and exercise worked for me. I'm 55/60 pounds lighter than I was when I was drinking.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Press, you will get less bloated & lighter. Don’t drink! I’ve relapsed many times & have 20 pairs of pants from fat to slim in all size increments. If you don’t drink you will have a new wardrobe. Throw in a daily walk. You can start with 10 minutes & improve progressively each day. You’ll star to look forward to it!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I hate my life. Same ****. I feel bloated and fat. Can't fit my clothes. I know I'm whining.
aint nothin a drink will help.
bloat goes away.
new clothes can be bought.
you will love your life AND yourself IF you work for it.
nothing unique with how youre feeling,press. everything will get better IF you work for it.
it takes T.I.M.E.
Things
I
Must
Earn
Old 04-02-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I hate my life. Same ****.
So change the **** to something you don't hate. I'ts all about choices Pressme - starting the moment we wake up.

It's sometimes difficult to see the benefit of quitting initially because of all the damage we've done - abused our bodies, our minds, our friends and families, etc. I was horribly out of shape physically and had very few meaningful relationships in my life when I quit. My mental health was at an all time low as well. But you know what - you've got to start somewhere. And little by little things improve.

Part of it can also be our addictive tendency to want instant gratification. We drank and smoked and snorted whatever our DOC was because it generally had an instantaneous effect - but life itself does not work that way. That's why drinking and drugs never work for an addict in the long run either - because it's generally used as an escape mechanism to avoid the issues that really need to be addressed in our lives.

So yeah - the initial part of quitting is blah - and sometimes downright painful. But like most things in life worth having - you have to do the hard work to achieve the benefit.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

At the peak of my alcoholic blubberness I was weighing in at 223 lbs. 200ish days later I'm at 193 lbs, and my diet is still utter rubbish. Just cutting out the alcohol alone caused me to drop 30lbs! Now if I can stop eating like I do...