Notices

Day to day being an alcoholic

Old 04-08-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Fair play on Day 2! That’s really a big deal. :

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t be relying on somebody else
to make me feel better. It’s just that something to look forward to. It’s nice when you have somebody who is looking forward to seeing you. There’s not much else at the moment.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi jjkjlklj

It was about all I could do to not drink my first 30 days - adding a new relationship into the mix could be a lot of pressure.

I won't tell you what to do but whatever you decide, I'd put yourself and your recovery first, at least for now

D
Old 04-08-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Eep!! Was my thought about having a date at 2 days...and seeing someone persistent enough that you agreed to the next day....

Whatever you decide, I didn't find saying no to anything but drinking to ever be a bad idea.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

I guess I’m just in that fun place where I’m questioning everything. It’s much easier to just drink every possible moment. Then there’s no questioning.

Feels like I’m the most hurt person in the world. I think it’s called the “poor mes” But it’s genuine and, not very nice.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

And I know this thread has gone on for a while, but posting here was how I stopped the last time. I am really trying.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

It’s much easier to just drink every possible moment. Then there’s no questioning.
Its not really when you factor in the consequences and the health risks - mental and physical.

You didn't come to SR because your life was awesome, right?

& don't worry the thread can be as long as you like - we're here to help

D
Old 04-08-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yep Dee. Life could be better for sure!

Ah - I’m just pretty desperate. Maybe depressed too. It’s been so long fighting this, and, I can’t see anything to make the fight worthwhile. The date I mentioned earlier was like a nice thing. I’m not fighting alcoholism every day, but I’m going to work, and doing a good job, and travelling almost every week for my job, or sometimes for family reasons. I haven’t taken a holiday since 2017, because, if I’m not working, I’ll drink. Think my self esteem is down through the floor. I’m all fecked up basically.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

May I make a suggestion from experience about the dating thing?

When I tried to get sober in mid August of 2017, the first thing that happened was I hit it off with the first messed up woman there because she was just as messed up with me. We started dating and ended up getting drunk together. I watched her have a seizure. Also watched her lay on my floor barely breathing. I then relapsed and we never talked again. She literally got drunk in her car, drove to my place (I was already getting drunk), called me on the way and away we went.

That story is a bit ****ed up, yes? Neither of us were or are bad people. Our brain chemistry is screwed up from the alcoholism. My advice would be to focus on yourself and latch onto people here like Dee and August. You're not alone or we wouldn't all be responding on this thread.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It does make sense. I think I also pick damaged people for relationships sometimes.

Thank you. I know I keep saying “thanks”, but the advice here is really helpful.

Sitting here listening to my sad playlist, like purposefully keeping myself in a bad mood, when I should be sleeping. But I’ll probably sleep soon. And I didn’t drink today.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yay for no drink today!
Old 04-08-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Yay for no drink today!
Thanks.