Notices

Geez

Old 03-30-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Geez

I have been sober for a bit now... not counting days. But, I feel like my mental health is getting worse. I am so incredibly lonely. My SO is gone for long stretches, and I am left in charge of everything. I can't make it out to a meeting or dinner with a friend, because I have children and chores...and school work. I am extremely grateful to have all of these things, but we are a military family. We never get to stay long enough to have a strong bond with anyone. When my husband leaves, I feel like I get stuck in a pit of costant stress and loneliness. I don't sleep. When I'm having a hard time, I just log in and read. I need a friend or mentor who knows what I'm going through and wants to continue this journey.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Amelie - I'm sorry its tough.

Do you know any other military wives where you are? Is there any kind of support system?

Congrats on your sober time while dealing with this though

D
Old 03-30-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Loneliness is a bad thing for me- I tend to isolate, then I worry about relapsing.
There are a heap of online support meetings- SMART for example. I agree with Dee- perhaps support groups, or even just a coffee thing or some activity that distracts kids- like swimming- or gym...(in Aust- for toddlers 'kindergym').

Also - I post here a lot- all hours of the day or night..I have made some good friends here over the time I have been.

My support to you.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Thank you for your service, Amelie, as a military wife.

My mom was a Navy wife. I often wondered how it was for her, my dad at sea, her at home with five kids. It had to been hard.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There isn't a big military presence here, and most of the guys are young and single. So, I don't have an ombudsmen or anything close to a supportive person. I used to talk to my mother every day, but her alcohol use got out of control. She has always been verbally abusive, but it's gotten to the point where I can't speak to her. I leave her messages , and she never replies. Etc. My sister is in recovery and definitely can't handle my burden. I feel like I'm completely alone. My husband thinks that it's easy. He's the fun one. He does a load of dishes or clothes in the 3 weeks he's home and thinks he's going out of the way. I was mowing and doing house repairs at 7 months pregnant... with both of my youngest. I don't even have a partner at this point. He does not go overseas, and doesn't have PTSD. I an so lonely and lost . I'm angry and so alone.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There isn't a big military presence here, and most of the guys are young and single. So, I don't have an ombudsmen or anything close to a supportive person. I used to talk to my mother every day, but her alcohol use got out of control. She has always been verbally abusive, but it's gotten to the point where I can't speak to her. I leave her messages , and she never replies. Etc. My sister is in recovery and definitely can't handle my burden. I feel like I'm completely alone. My husband thinks that it's easy. He's the fun one. He does a load of dishes or clothes in the 3 weeks he's home and thinks he's going out of the way. I was mowing and doing house repairs at 7 months pregnant... with both of my youngest. I don't even have a partner at this point. He does not go overseas, and doesn't have PTSD. I an so lonely and lost . I'm angry and so alone.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That sounds really tough. I’m glad you are posting here. are you in a place where you could talk to a professional? You’ve got a really challenging situation and you need some support. If nothing else please keep coming here. There are also online meetings and I’m told online sponsorship but I haven’t really tried to track that down. I am rooting for you and your health. You are managing a heavy load. Hugs.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can use this site for support and ideas.