Notices

Paws and cbd

Old 03-31-2019, 01:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I was going back to the OP and, despite the thread title, he was talking about actually getting high, not just CBD oil, and using it for sleep. So I was talking about oil with some THC in it.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
Do you think you are experiencing PAWS? What are your symptoms and how severe?
I think I’m suffering from paws based on my research and how I was feeling especially a few days after drinking. First felt as if I was still drunk or buzzed very hard for the first month. The reason I could tell I felt buzzed or kinda high was because my eyes were acting up. Literally had the vision of being either buzzed or stoned. My eye sight was very strange and after some time it got better. I’m currently almost 6 months sober and can say things have got better but not 100%. After my first month I got that pink cloud feeling where I felt alive again and most the symptoms were gone. Now it’s a wave pattern, some days I feel better then other and some days are just blank feeling. Symptoms that I can describe are brain fog or the feeling of just not being able to process things clearly. Motivation is quite ****** atm and takes a lot to want to work. The other thing is I got checked out at the eye doctor and they said I needed glasses. Got the glasses and since then stop wearing them. Was at the doctor office last week and I have 20/20 so go figure. Does going threw PAWS effect your eyes? Some days my eyes feel almost normal then some days my eyes feel just a shade grey” or as if they were when I would start catching a buzz from drinking.
I can say things have been getting better and that it may take 6 months to a year or so for things to completely heal up. I’m giving it my all to stay sober and strong. I stay working out almost every day. Just want to feel completely normal again. Did you experience any of this?
Thank you and everyone else who have replied. You all help me stay strong.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you're feeling horrible in recovery or otherwise, it's best to see a doctor and discuss your symptoms with that person.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It affected my eyes for weeks the first time I quit. It was kinda like vertigo and I never felt like my eyes could focus. I also saw an eye Dr and my vision was perfect. It took me a while to put the pieces together.

I have a medical weed card in Florida and I use a high CBD, low THC on a regular basis. Zero psychoactive effects and it does help with anxiety. It's not an instant miracle cure like xanax and the like, but it helps. Many nights I also use an indica to get to sleep, which can be hugely helpful. But I don't have any problems with that...just booze. Depends on your own situation.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again folks - just reminding everyone to be mindful of the fact we're a recovery community and not all of us here have had a trouble free experience with marijuana.

I'm not singling anyone out and I don't want to get in between anyone and their doctor but by the same token I don't want this thread to trigger anyone here either.

Like I said before

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Just a reminder folks - experience only, no medical advice or recommendations - and always good to remember where we are

It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.

Dee
SR
I'm trying really hard to keep this thread open - I'd appreciate you guys help

D
Old 04-08-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

1, thank you Dee. I have shared on other threads my thoughts on CBD and how I've learned a lot, for example, from my husband who runs a public school system w 95K kids, and how often you don't know if there is THC in the CBD. And, what others said about not promoting use of anything else. Alcohol is legal and well, we all know where that takes us.

2 - Blake:
"I can say things have been getting better and that it may take 6 months to a year or so for things to completely heal up. I’m giving it my all to stay sober and strong. I stay working out almost every day. Just want to feel completely normal again. Did you experience any of this? "
Yes. I went thru intense PAWS as I first learned about it and identified w pretty much all the extreme symptoms of it, and I am one who did indeed see things identified in that syndrome for the first couple of years.

BUT, I had to put that into one category and like others have said, do the active to make me healthy on top of sober, and keep it movin' so to speak.

What's going on with you here at a week+ after you started the thread?
Old 04-08-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My bad, Dee.