Notices

Had to go to the Hospital Last Night

Old 04-08-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
How you doing Soberdad?
Hey LG, Doing alright, on day 15 now. Working on my diet and exercise and trying to lose a little beer weight. I've noticed that if I hit the gym around the time I have cravings after work, usually 5 or 6pm, it usually almost completely leaves my mind.. so that's nice.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great plan!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberDad86 View Post
Hey LG, Doing alright, on day 15 now. Working on my diet and exercise and trying to lose a little beer weight. I've noticed that if I hit the gym around the time I have cravings after work, usually 5 or 6pm, it usually almost completely leaves my mind.. so that's nice.
Glad to hear it. The gym had become my church during this last stretch of sobriety - something that I can control, progress in, experience results and truly changes my brain chemistry. Keep it moving man, it gets better.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Glad to hear it. The gym had become my church during this last stretch of sobriety
Yeah, I've missed it the last year or two. I went from being a fit, muscular 210 lbs to a fat, blown out, alcoholic 290 in less than two years. So I've got plenty of work to put in, lol.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've had spikes up to 200 after a binge.. After I was sober for a month it went back down to 120-130 range, sometimes lower. BP and insomnia are the two worse things for me. Currently in another relapse and my insomnia is horrible. I take BP meds and don't have a machine, but I would think its rather high right now.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is good

Holistic, naturopathic docs my family have gone to have been very effective in treating blood pressure and other issues. Rebalancing the body and strengthening it in ways I didn't realize was possible.

One day at a time. Congratulations on your recovery!!
Old 04-09-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll stop drinking and see about that high BP juicer. High BP can be a serious issue.

D
Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My blood pressure is about 115 over 75 and has been for years. I take medication to keep it at that level.

However, before I got sober it was dangerously high.

When it was first identified, my Doctor thought the blood pressure machine in the examination room was malfunctioning because it was reading so high. He had me go into another room, and took it again. Of course it was very high again (and my anxiety at the time I'm sure didn't help) and I ended up going to ER.

The good news is that with medication and sobriety my blood pressure is now very good. That can be your outcome if you stay sober.