Notices

What Are Your Plans Today?

Old 03-27-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Are Your Plans Today?

Morning all, thanks for being here.
Just curious what you all have planned today. Wednesdays can be, or have been difficult for me in the past, when trying to NOT drink. I don't have as much responsibility as I usually would on any other work day, and am sort of free to float around and do whatever I want. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day here. My lawn needs mowing (already!!) and I want to clean the house a bit. My family and I are starting a garden in containers this season, so I should probably dump out old dirt, and fill the containers with new. A little early, but maybe I should get some seeds started inside.
Anyhow, whatever you decide to do, I hope you all have a beautiful day!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I think it's wise to make a plan to get through what you know is a troubling day. Especially if you have a lot of free time where you would normally drink. Heck, I had plans to get me from hour to hour. But now that Ive been sober for a while, I don't have enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

But whatever I do, I plan to do it sober.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning windpines. On days like you describe, I will sometimes go to home centers or nurseries and shop around. Mostly looking for creative ideas and making visual plans. Kills a couple hours but also gets my creative juices flowing. By the time I get home I'm planning and prepping new projects. Before I know it, it's dinner time and day has gone by.

Keep thoughts of drinking at bay during idle time. Enjoy the day.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a man of routine. Alarm went off at 6:30 am, I hit snooze, went off again at 6:40, watched the morning news until 6:50. Got up, showered, made breakfast, brewed some tea. Took my tea and breakfast to go, and was out the door at 715. Got to the office around 740. Ate, hopped on my computer and here I am!

At 5, I'll leave the office. Go home. Make dinner. Watch the news. Catch up on some shows. Work out. Be in bed at 1030.

It's kind of sad how I do the exact same thing every weekday, but it works for me!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good start to your day, windpines! If you have spare time you don’t know what to do with, you can always come here.

I have the day off and will take a nice walk and cook some healthy food for the upcoming week.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WhoDeyPL, it's not sad!! Thank you for sharing! It's awesome that you stay sober, and seem to be getting really into routines that help you stay that way.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Retired here...working on my hobby today, model train layout. Attending Florida softball game this evening. Everyone, have a good day!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going to a Mumford and Son's concert tonight.

It will great to be sober and actually remember the setlist tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm doing my first ever podcast today, as a guest talking about my recovery! I've been reading over my first blog post where I told my story in the first person, and two interview pieces between yrs 2 and 3. I'm just past 3 yr and a month (1129 days as I counted to see, just now!).

That's my only scheduled thing today. It's been an unusually emotional few days for both my husband and me so I've really been sticking to shorter and recovery focused to-dos this wk.

I'm already dressed and ready for my 1pm appt so I probably need to find distractions like the next few episodes of Homeland to keep me from getting overexcited!

Early on, I had to learn to balance when I needed to keep busy and when I needed to take it easy. Learning to trust my gut on that took time- so I'd always tell someone to go with busy and distraction when in doubt!

Glad you are here - you can make it a good sober Wednesday! And let us know how you do it!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool question and a good idea for best practices to get thru early sobriety. I'm covering a court shift today, have a client taking a felony plea which is a good thing although doesn't sound like it, gym clothes in my bag for a possible session during lunch break, committee meeting tonight, looking forward to seeing my son before bed, work to do, obligations and responsibilities - taking care of what needs to be cared for, a simple life in some ways but so much more satisfying and rewarding than my old life as a drunk.

Onward and upward my friend.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm heading off to an exercise class soon, and late I will take a long walk. The sun is shining and temperatures are above zero, so I consider this Spring.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Currently I'm having a cup of coffee before I get ready to go to work. My boss has individual biweekly meetings with me and my colleagues, mine is scheduled for today. Raises are typically given in April and October, he had hinted that I would be getting a substantial increase. Keeping those fingers crossed.

Lately at the gym I've been training my abs like a maniac, starting to get the good type of six pack going. Today I will focus on chest and core.

I anticipate it will be a good day despite the gloomy weather.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've been so busy over the past two months looking for a house for us to buy that I've neglected my art, so I started my day doing some llama character designs

After that I'm learning a new software and learning 3D design. I find picking up something new and increasing my skills always puts me in a good mood.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WindPines View Post
WhoDeyPL, it's not sad!! Thank you for sharing! It's awesome that you stay sober, and seem to be getting really into routines that help you stay that way.
I definitely stick to my set routine. Now, if I could subtract some TV, add a healthier diet, and add more working out.....I'd really be on to something!