Notices

Liver Test today

Old 03-27-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

so then this should be day FOUR sober?
Old 03-27-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes this is day 4. Starting to find it really hard to keep the momentum going. The scare of the dream has worn off. Normally I feel much better by day 4 but it's just not happening.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Yes this is day 4. Starting to find it really hard to keep the momentum going. The scare of the dream has worn off. Normally I feel much better by day 4 but it's just not happening.

What exactly are you hoping drinking is going to do for you this time which didn't work for you the thousand times before? You're already out of the worst of the withdrawels, why choose to poison yourself more and make yourself more sick? Getting sober for 4 days in the hope you're going to fool the doctor with the liver test and then get straight back on the drink afterwards isn't smart. Feeling sorry for yourself because you are worried about the test results and drinking over it, again isn't smart.

If your liver is irreversibly damaged, drinking is going to kill you sooner rather than later.
If your liver has reversible damage, stopping drinking will save your life and allow you to live and prosper. Continue to drink will kill you, but it may take a while.
If your liver isn't damaged at all, count your lucky stars and use this as a chance to get out whilst you can.

You are only on day 4, you need to give it more time to feel better. You never give sobriety any time, but you give drinking plenty of time. Until you want to be sober more than you want to drink, you won't be able to quit. How bad are you going to let it get before you accept you can't drink again?

You can do this, just focus on not drinking today, that is all you have to do. Whatever you do, don't drink any alcohol. If you don't drink, it can't hurt you.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Stay focused, Sweeti. Four days is a really good start.

Rooting for you.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hope you are sober sweeti--whatever the news, your liver will improve if you stay quit.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I work in the same building (very small building) with a gentleman who is a couple of years older than myself, so he is about 37. Last year he came to the office YELLOW, his skin, his eyes, etc... He has since had a lot of health issues, many trips to the hospital. He is on a liver transplant list and he chose to drink again, which put him in the hospital, again.
It is truly sad to see someone slowly kill themselves.
Knowing what it takes to LIVE, do not drink and continue to take medication until you are approved for a transplant. Every time a drink is consumed resets the time. It is like Russian-roulette. SAD
He has a daughter who is about to be 3.
I see his mom and dad every day and they both look run down with nerves and sadness. Everyone is hoping and wants him to stop drinking. No one can make him stop. I do not think he is drinking currently, at least I pray he is not. What a horrible way to go out. Knowing what could be done to stay alive and live a better life.
It is NOT easy to stop and stay stopped.
It takes courage, strength, help, and working a program of recovery (whatever that looks like to someone).

If you want to truly stop, you can. You have that power. You also have the weakness to continue the pattern you have chosen for so long. The easy way, to not stop and continue to live a life full of drama and complaining and fear- this path sounds horrible and I dont know why you would want to continue.
Change is scary however GROWTH doesnt happen in your comfort zone. Your comfort zone could very well be your death wish. I hope you stay out of that zone, own your life and choose to be well.
I do not understand why you will not go to rehab, bills, money etc...
I had to make the hard decision to stay in DEBT a little longer to ensure my child is going to the best daycare available, to better his life, to give him the chance to have a better childhood than myself, to give him extra support for everything he has already gone through, etc.. We want what is best for everyone around us, it is not selfish to also want what is best for ourselves. Money is just that, a piece of paper that we can't take with us when we die but when we die we can take our dignity, strength, courage, knowing we did the best we could and went a little harder, etc... Knowing I have made the best decision for myself and my family keeps me going all the time. Knowing I never have to be where you are as long as I don't pick up that first drink is my drive as I do not want to be where you are or anyone else who is in active addiction.

I am really glad you have 4 days, please keep it going, you are worth it.

I have always said this about you, you are going to be the best success story - Let's all witness it, and you should live it, you deserve a life of sobriety and healing.

Blessings,
DC
Old 03-28-2019, 12:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are you today Sweeti?
Old 03-28-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
The scare of the dream may have worn off, but did the real life words the doctor said to you in the past about your poor health not scared you? The stuff you've posted in the past certainly scared me. A dream is just a dream, but based on your previous posts, there is some very scary stuff concerning your real life health, which is enough to justify giving up alcohol.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sweeti I hope your results aren't too bad. Let us know what happens and well done on day 4. Please keep it up.. this is a matter of life and death.

I was told I had started to damage my liver and I continued to drink excessively for at least another year. Now I'm terrified to get my bloods rechecked..
Old 03-28-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Been thinking of you
Old 03-28-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hope you are well...and sober. Lots of people here thinking of you.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
If this helps. My liver readings were thru the roof after 30+ drinking. Now 5 months sober everything is notmal, actually better than the average readings on non drinkers. I bit the bullet this time. Not goong to risk it again. Phew!! I am sure you will be fine and if tou are dont let that be an excuse to start again.
Hi Sydney and everyone,

I am also scared of my labs at the moment. I have a new doc and we ran bloodwork and it showed that my bilirubin was at 2.3, which is high. She mentioned my meds but I told her I know alcohol is playing the part here. I am really scared and want to be healthy, I love exercise, eating healthy, juicing, holistic stuff...the only bad thing in my life is the drinking and I am so much happier without it!
Yesterday I got bored and drank, I don't want to feel the urge anymore.

Are my readings so bad they are irreversible? I am having all of this anxiety. Have to go back for more tests and an abdominal ultrasound. Need comfort that I can get better, as long as I am sober.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2019, 09:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

you need to ask your Dr to interpret the results NicLin.

We can't do that here - even for our members who have a medical background, it's against our rules.

I'm sure that whatever the result, you simply can't do better for liver health than to stop drinking and stay stopped

D
Old 03-28-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am grateful for this post, and I hope Sweeti that everything is ok!
Old 03-28-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you need to ask your Dr to interpret the results NicLin.

We can't do that here - even for our members who have a medical background, it's against our rules.

I'm sure that whatever the result, you simply can't do better for liver health than to stop drinking and stay stopped

D
Yes, I understand and thank you!
Old 03-29-2019, 03:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thinking of you sweeti and hoping for the best for you! Let us know how you are ...we care!
Old 03-29-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

What's up sweeti? You are missed.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti, can you check in here? Did you get the results? You are on day five, yes? Thinking of you
Old 03-29-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NicLin View Post
Hi Sydney and everyone,

I am also scared of my labs at the moment. I have a new doc and we ran bloodwork and it showed that my bilirubin was at 2.3, which is high. She mentioned my meds but I told her I know alcohol is playing the part here. I am really scared and want to be healthy, I love exercise, eating healthy, juicing, holistic stuff...the only bad thing in my life is the drinking and I am so much happier without it!
Yesterday I got bored and drank, I don't want to feel the urge anymore.

Are my readings so bad they are irreversible? I am having all of this anxiety. Have to go back for more tests and an abdominal ultrasound. Need comfort that I can get better, as long as I am sober.

Thanks
Hi Niclin, we can’t give medical advise as Dee said. But my story is my liver test was bad and I had developed early diabetes. So I vowed to stop, and my numbers went down. Then I felt it was ok to drink again, so they went back up. It was like a game I was playing to see how much I could get away with, like I could fool the test if perhaps I drank at different times or different types of alcohol or whatever. The bottom line is alcohol is not healthy in any amount. Even if I could get away with it and moderate my drinking and not experience physical effects, it would affect me spiritually. I never felt so low the times I went back to moderation even when I could handle it for a period of time. I do hope you get good results from the scan and tests. But dont think about the numbers. Think about healthy choices and well being, which sobriety will bring you.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm here to check on you too, Sweeti.