SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Checking in 😊 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437330-checking.html)

Doris47 03-25-2019 11:54 AM

Checking in 😊

I haven't posted or been on here awhile, for no other reason than I'm getting on with it.
Still sober, still clean, still not smoking 🙌.
I popped in and someone asked how I was, which was lovely. I forget that people care and wonder how our fellow misfits are lol.
So all good, normal ups and downs of everyday life, I don't Think about drinking anymore, it popped up for a brief minute the other day,but it soon went.
So all and all, I guess I'm winning 😃
I hope everyone is ok, much love to everyone as always. I hope your all beating your demons. 🙏💖

Anna 03-25-2019 01:01 PM

It's good to hear from you, Doris.

NerfThis 03-25-2019 01:08 PM

Great to see you checking in! I know you're working incredibly hard at this, so I definitely didn't think your silence meant you were drinking or smoking again. Was just curious how you're getting on and am really happy to hear you're doing good!

Dee74 03-25-2019 05:11 PM

:c014:

D

Suzieq17 03-26-2019 04:28 AM

Great news! So glad for the update. Glad to hear all is well!

doggonecarl 03-26-2019 05:35 AM

Don't be a stranger.

ChloeRose63 03-26-2019 05:38 AM

Hi, Doris! :wavey:Great to see your post!
Have a lovely day!:shine8pl:

DriGuy 03-26-2019 06:01 AM

Hi Doris,
It's not just that I wonder about whether you're OK when you are away. Although, to me that usually means there is less than a 50-50 chance that you are doing well. But I just like hearing from people that are getting better. It's good for me. What's good for you, is good for me.

MLD51 03-26-2019 06:38 AM

Nice to see you, and glad you are doing well!

Midwest1981 03-26-2019 07:11 AM

Great job Doris. Good to hear from you. :)

WhoDeyPI 03-26-2019 01:36 PM

Well done, Doris. I'm so happy for you. I don't post on here as much as I used to, but still get on to help others however I can. We are winning. We are beating it, and we should be proud.

I do miss talking to my original sober "fam".

You (my sober mom) rarely get on, and Amby (my sober wife) is missing in action, but assures me she is still on sober path. Miss ya'll!!!

Day.....217 for me! Not a drop. Edit: 212....I don't math well.

Fearlessat50 03-26-2019 08:18 PM

Doris, it is amazing to see you here and know that you are doing great. I hope you keep checking in here. You are an inspiration to others!

Snowydelrico 03-27-2019 11:12 PM

‘Super smashing great.’
:banana:

Doris47 03-28-2019 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7153020)
‘Super smashing great.’
:banana:

Snowy you sound like that bloke off of bullseye 😂.
Thanks everyone, feeling pretty good right now, I've only two rooms left to decorate now lol.
Finished the garden as well 😃
Now I'm gonna need another project 😜
Much love to everyone as always 🙏💖
Doris xx

Snowydelrico 03-28-2019 12:19 PM

That’s red and the tea’s maid.
That’s yours.
You’ve got as long as it takes the board to revolve to gamble the cash for a speed boat.
Look what you could have won.
Well you’ve got your BFH bus fare home.

Ahh a trip down memory lane with Jim Bowen.

Glad you’re well.
Could do with a new lad to help me do some houses up if you’re volunteering yourself;)

Doris47 03-29-2019 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7153331)
That’s red and the tea’s maid.
That’s yours.
You’ve got as long as it takes the board to revolve to gamble the cash for a speed boat.
Look what you could have won.
Well you’ve got your BFH bus fare home.

Ahh a trip down memory lane with Jim Bowen.

Glad you’re well.
Could do with a new lad to help me do some houses up if you’re volunteering yourself;)

Yep I'm in mate, my cutting in is sharp man lol,
I'm cracked up remembering " look what you could of won 😂😂😂😂" ahhh the good old days.
Yeah I'm really good snowy, how's about you. ?
Still sleepless nights lol
Hope all is ok with your family. I know you've had a few humps in the road lately.
So are you paying minimum wage ??? If so, I don't get outta bed for less than a £10 an hour 😜😝😜😝😜
🙏💖 x