Notices

A side reason to stop drinking.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A side reason to stop drinking.

If the hangovers,worrying if someone at work can smell the night before on you,trying to keep it a secret from everyone,making a fool out of yourself,divorce(me times 2),those drunk texts you don't remember or phone calls is not enough to stop drinking then think of this. As I posted on another thread I drank a bottle of Jager a night. $25 a bottle. I have saved almost $1500 as I am 50 days sober today. If you are not rich like me that is a lot of money. I drank that money away over 20 years. What a waste. So if the reasons in the beginning of this post aren't enough think of the wasted money that could be spent on something to better your life rather than destroy it.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
If the hangovers,worrying if someone at work can smell the night before on you,trying to keep it a secret from everyone,making a fool out of yourself,divorce(me times 2),those drunk texts you don't remember or phone calls is not enough to stop drinking then think of this. As I posted on another thread I drank a bottle of Jager a night. $25 a bottle. I have saved almost $1500 as I am 50 days sober today. If you are not rich like me that is a lot of money. I drank that money away over 20 years. What a waste. So if the reasons in the beginning of this post aren't enough think of the wasted money that could be spent on something to better your life rather than destroy it.
I'm not rich like you unfortunately but I relate to everything u have said. I'm 33 and have drunk on and off since I was 15.
I am saving up now for a holiday for my girls and hopefully one day I will get married again.
I'm a better person sober and I love the fact that when I get up on a morning and look at my phone their is nothing stupid on there.

Well done on 50days I cant wait to get to that xxxx