Notices

Finding an online sponsor

Old 03-17-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding an online sponsor

Hello all,

I am aware it is much better to find a face to face sponsor, however this is not an option from me. I'm from the USA, but I live in a small meditation community in Mexico. I am not near any meetings whatsoever. I have committed to 90 meetings in 90 days which I do daily online. I have 31 days clean and I'm really committed to my recovery. Can someone advice me on how to find a sponsor online? Any leads are welcomed or offers for sponsorship!

Thank you so much,
Mark
Old 03-17-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Mark,

From the little I know about AA, if you want a sponsor, you will get a sponser. The BB is available for free online. I also have a hard copy because every decent addict should. Jk.

The sponser would guide me through the steps, hold me accountable, and be there any time if I needed someone.

SR is basically a gigantic sponser.

Post here with any questions or for guidance.

Additionally, I am positive you will get a PM soon, if not already, and a single experienced sponsor would love to help.

Sponsoring helps the sponsor as much as the sponsee.

In the mean time, you are welcome to PM me and we can chat privately or whatever. This site has 12 step guidance, but the newcomers forum has it all.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found a sponsor here on SR. Someone contacted me privately after I posted a similar question. I am also from the US but live in a different country where AA is not a big thing. On the online meetings I attend they always ask "If you are willing to sponsor please type yes in the text box, anyone looking for a sponsor please contact one of these people" Maybe ask on the online meetings?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Which online meetings do you attend where they ask if someone is willing to sponsor?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Standing by for a private message <3
Old 03-17-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Which online meetings??

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I found a sponsor here on SR. Someone contacted me privately after I posted a similar question. I am also from the US but live in a different country where AA is not a big thing. On the online meetings I attend they always ask "If you are willing to sponsor please type yes in the text box, anyone looking for a sponsor please contact one of these people" Maybe ask on the online meetings?
Old 03-17-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lifewithart - welcome

this is an international board - many time zones - so sometimes you might have to wait a while for a response.

Its nothing personal i'm sure - try and be patient

In the meantime, I'm not a 12 stepper but I bet you could find some online meetings via Google, or other suggestions via our 12 step forum.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-step-support/

D
Old 03-17-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithart View Post
Which online meetings do you attend where they ask if someone is willing to sponsor?
Sorry for the delay, as Dee mentioned with different time zones sometimes people are having dinner and going to bed while you are just starting your day

It is on Skype, audio only, no video, and you can find it at: aaonlinemeeting

Just search that on Skype. It is for English speakers and there are people from all over the world.

Edited to add the website which gives instructions on how to join and the schedule (times and topics) The meetings are based on Korean time, so you have to do some calculation. However, if you go to the top and look at the tabs and go to "Schedule" Then click the second option "UTC" is will give a live clock informing you what time it is there so you don't really have to do the math.

http://www.aaonlinemeeting.net
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the tip! I am still in the search and trust the right sponsor will be presented to me when it's time.
With love,
Mark
Old 03-18-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sent you a pm, Mark .