SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A preemptive step in the direction I want to go (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/437117-preemptive-step-direction-i-want-go.html)

Finalcall 03-16-2019 11:56 PM

A preemptive step in the direction I want to go

The first forum I ever took place in was this one roughly 2 year ago.
Back in the same routine. Maybe a good thing cause without the previous efforts it could be alot worse.
The next step the next few days are difficult at times seem impossible.i plan to dig deep to dedicate myself to the next chapter of my life and allow me to be the man I should be I can be the one I need to be for the sake of myself and my children.
To the drink that offers so much yet never delivers.
Goodbye old friend.

Dee74 03-17-2019 12:43 AM

Not so much a friend as a toxic influence finalcall - you'll do great without it :)

D

ReadyAtLast 03-17-2019 12:45 AM

Welcome back :)

Finalcall 03-17-2019 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7145755)
Not so much a friend as a toxic influence finalcall - you'll do great without it :)

D

Toxic and influence. No doubt.
I know this, however often the shoulder I fall upon. For good and bad???
Well said dee. Reason to question.

Finalcall 03-17-2019 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7145759)
Welcome back :)

Thanks ready.
I am back.

Snowydelrico 03-17-2019 01:09 AM

Yeah ain’t no friend.
An abusive abductor in my eyes.

Good luck

Finalcall 03-17-2019 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7145771)
Yeah ain’t no friend.
An abusive abductor in my eyes.

Good luck

Could definitely take me away. Time and time again.
Hopefully I can find all it took from me once again.

Snowydelrico 03-17-2019 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Finalcall (Post 7145783)
Could definitely take me away. Time and time again.
Hopefully I can find all it took from me once again.

If you’re anything like me you’ll have to give it all you got to get it back.
Well worth it :)

Dee74 03-17-2019 04:02 PM

hows it going finalcall?

D

Finalcall 03-18-2019 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7146207)
hows it going finalcall?

D

4 beers today. Done. Downfrom 15 or so daily 3 days ago. Some sort of taper I suppose.
I intend to get some ALC free beers tomorrow to feed the habit not the addiction and continue to get my thought and intentions in the right direction.

Finalround 03-18-2019 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Finalcall (Post 7146444)
4 beers today. Done. Downfrom 15 or so daily 3 days ago. Some sort of taper I suppose.
I intend to get some ALC free beers tomorrow to feed the habit not the addiction and continue to get my thought and intentions in the right direction.

Addiction is habit. Thought and intentions are a start, but it's our behavior that needs to change. Grabbing NA beers insteadof real beers is the same behavior. At some point your addiction will need the buzz that goes with it.

Coming from experience.

ReadyAtLast 03-18-2019 05:19 AM

Got to agree with Finalround on this one. Drinking NA beer is so dangerous. It looks like beer, it tastes like beer, it smells like beer, drinking it isn't changing any habits or forming new and better ways of doing stuff. Doing exactly the same thing but with no buzz just leads me to doing what I need to do to get the buzz.

Tetrax 03-18-2019 05:33 AM

I agree it's definitely not a good idea to just replace like for like; I got nowhere doing that myself in the past. I do think that NA beers can be useful for occasional social situations though, but then again it's early days for me so I'm no expert.

Anna 03-18-2019 06:25 AM

I think it's important to break the habit and NA beer feeds the habit.

I do hope you decide to stop drinking.

Snowydelrico 03-18-2019 08:58 AM

Try getting used to different.
Change your routine.
You will adapt to a new routine given time.
Put the time and effort in and you will get it back 10 fold.
Just the way it works.

Dee74 03-18-2019 04:40 PM

If I'd waited until my thoughts were together and in the right direction, I'd probably never have stopped drinking FC....

In fact, stopping drinking was the single greatest help I had in getting myself together - it's amazing how well my brain works when I stop poisoning it :)

Hope you're gearing up for a full day one tomorrow, FC

D

Dee74 03-19-2019 08:46 PM

whats the situation finalcall - how are you? :)

D

Finalcall 03-22-2019 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7147784)
whats the situation finalcall - how are you? :)

D

I haven't had it in me this week. Definitely moderated Consumption. Early night tonight then sober Sunday.
I read through my earlier post on Sr this morning. Some what motivating. I can also see it is better for me on the other side. It's in my own words so it must be true. If I can battle through the first week I think I got this.
ill be reading and posting here daily.

Dee74 03-22-2019 05:42 PM

aims are good, and plans are better - but neither are worth much unless you follow through FC

why wait til sunday?

Is it saturday there? make it a sober day too - or a sober day from now if you've started....

you can do it.

D

johnnyt53 03-22-2019 05:56 PM

You can wait until you lose more than you thought possible but you don't have to. I've lost the urge to denigrate my life thanks to recovery, one day at a time. And I pretended things were going swimmingly. And thank you Dee for all the work you do here!