Notices

So fatigued

Old 03-23-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So fatigued

I've been taking several 1-2 hour naps a day the last few days...

Is it because I've been taking significant amounts of sedatives/anxiolytics...? Alongside with alcohol?

Is it because I'm sitting/sleeping alone my apartment 23 hours a day, not really getting any stimuli, or social interaction (I'm a social person at heart, but social anxiety don't let me exhibit it)

Is it because I am probably malnutritioned, eating maybe 1 meal a day?

Regardless, I know that drinking is the root issue, and I am aware that drinking or taking pills is not the solution.

I'm tired of being tired, and will probably check myself in for a detox within a week. At least I'll get some social interaction at the hospital, even though that is their job for the doctors&nurses.

I suppose this is just a vent/rant (you should make a category on the forum for that...)
Old 03-23-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Check in and good luck
Old 03-23-2019, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
I'm tired of being tired, and will probably check myself in for a detox within a week.
"Probably" is hardly definitive, but I hope you get the help you need so desperately.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Polaroid. You should definitely take some time to think about your well being, and what works for you. I’ve never taken meds but from experience I myself found that when I drank I was tired all the time, except for when I drank (if that makes any sense!!). The sugars ffrom the alcohol would give me a high, but the next day I was shattered. I’m 28 days sober now, and in weeks 2-4 I felt exhausted. People react in different ways, but for sure alcohol will be affecting your body and your sleep. Good luck, take care of yourself. Life is so precious and health is everything.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll go for that detox and start thinking about what to do after that Polaroid.

D