Notices

Busy bee 😃

Old 03-15-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Busy bee 😃

Evening all , yeah I'm still here still sober, still Fooking painting lol, down stairs complete, now upstairs, oh my days it's hard work lol, but it's hard work I enjoy 😃.
I know this sounds outta order, but when I come on here it's just misery, which makes me feel desperate, in the sense of I can't help anyone. I just wanna fly, be happy,this recovery business twists my head, it's not recovery, it's a case of you've stopped drinking, it's a choice, in my mind that is.
I don't want to spend years saying " I'm in recovery" Ive made a choice to stop drinking. Job done, Bish bash
Bosh, I'm not gonna spend years saying " oh I'm in recovery" I'm not ill, I'm a **** head. So now I don't drink. I've wrestled with saying this out loud. But this is my truth. I've fallen, I've got up 💪. So now my truth is, I'm a **** head I can't drink. That sits with me better than dragging it out year after year saying I'm in recovery 💪💪💪💪💪💪 I'm free so bring it on man. Taooo, snowy that's me guys xx
Old 03-15-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on not drinking and continuing to get that painting done!

I read some terrible stories on here and I just want to teleport to the person's location and make them understand that there's a better life outside of drinking. Everyone deals with this differently though, so no matter how much advice we give here it's only down to them to make those changes. We do as much as we can from behind the computer screen As sad as people's stories and cycles are, they help me to reaffirm why I'm doing this.

I don't use the term recovery at all. I simply don't drink any more. A friend of mine quit a few months before me and simply said 'I don't drink any more because when it comes to booze, I have no off switch'. I liked that term even though when I quit I still did had an off switch on many occasions. I know eventually my off switch would break though, which is why I quit.

I'm just a non drinker now and that's it.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Actually, I never tell anyone I'm in recovery, though I am. For me, the term means how I choose to live my life. I try to be the best person I can each and every day and I try to stay connected with my soul. To me that's being in recovery.

I'm very glad you're doing well.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm simply a pain in the arse when I'm drinking, I'm not a good drinker, so I don't, that's it. I'm not in recovery, I'm not ill, I choose to drink with bad consequences,so now I choose not to drink,end of 😃💪🙌