Notices

St Patricks Weekender Thread 15-18 March 2019

Old 03-18-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all

Yeesh another drinking dream. At least I quickly realized what it was & didn't wake up full of dread.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Midnight, I hope your day with Maybe will lighten your load.

I get it though. I have an ex-friend with whom I'd like to rekindle the friendship but the reasons I split with her and the reason I don't think it will work on this reboot are the same. She has a lot of problems, her husband has a drink problem that no one talks about because he behaves when people are around and when I am alone with her she "vents" for hours and hours and then I'm left exhausted, because HELLO, I have my own ish to deal with.

Also one of the reasons this site is so difficult.

Where's Manta? Playing with kittens? (She did take the job at the cat place, right? I know she's talked about the new job, but is it at the cat place?)

Lena, glad the hot chocolate works.

I hope everyone came through this drinking weekend without drinking.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey Bim, sadly not at the cat place but are now working. It’s not going to rock my world but that’s not what I want from a job anymore lol. Prefer the easy peasy leave at 5pm and having to time to rock my free time!! Although not much rocking going on there to be honest as been a tad lazy haha! Not got much to say lately hence going quiet on posting and trying to cut down my screen time too.

Hope you had a good day with “Hell maybe” MB! xx
Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Mr

I'm new to this LA DEFENSE business district of Paris. All the towers make you feel temporarily in a big US city...
The work day is going well though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190318_135528_320.jpg (78.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 03-18-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Mr

From the meeting room window :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190318_135650_911.jpg (64.3 KB, 61 views)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Saturday I went over to my friends house where they were all "pregaming" for a "pub crawl" later that day. I guess in my mind, I still wanted to feel included, and yet the twisted part of my mind wanted to test my true comfort levels around people bing drinking.

Conclusion: I had fun for awhile, just being around everyone. Then they started really doing festive shots, and I wanted a drink for the first time in months. That said, no part of me thought about actually having one. They went off to their pub crawl, and I left and went off on my hike.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Gee, Vman, Paris doesn't look quite as romantic as I would have thought. I'm sure all those tiny people are dressed impeccably though.

WhoDeyPI, I got one of those jolts at about six months. It happens. Well done getting out of there.

Try calling those guys today.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I made it through yesterday just fine, I actually had no doubts that I would. Went to the downtown area of my town around lunchtime with the man friend to have corned beef, and the stupidity was already starting. There was a potato soup contest thing going on. Restaurants and bars serve up potato soup in little tasting cups, and people go from place to place tasting and voting for their favorite. So there were large groups roaming around dressed up in green and kilts and funny hats and green tutus and stuff. Amusing to see, but I knew many of those folks were also getting a drink at each place. It's one of the few times in the year when people are allowed to walk around the streets with drinks in hand. So we made sure to be home safe and sound before things got too stupid. The man friend considered having his first drink since January 1, but didn't. His birthday is tomorrow, so he might then. Or not. He is liking the sober thing very much.

I'm happy to be hangover free this morning, gearing up for a busy day at work. I'm sure there are lots of people who are taking the day off.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Gee, Vman, Paris doesn't look quite as romantic as I would have thought. I'm sure all those tiny people are dressed impeccably though.

WhoDeyPI, I got one of those jolts at about six months. It happens. Well done getting out of there.

Try calling those guys today.
I woke up at 630am Sunday...after a very pleasant 8 hours of deep sleep. My friend was already texting me saying she had been throwing up since 5....and felt like utter garbage...

I texted her back with the "I'm so sorry you feel sick, if there's anything you need, let me know" line....but in the back of my head I was thinking "HA! Sober guy wins!"
Old 03-18-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Neat pics VMan, La Défense is where I have done most of my business in Paris.

Good luck on your first day Andyh, I hope it went OK. First days at a new job are usually stressful.

Well done WhoDey. Pub crawls were always better in the anticipation than in the actuality.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Evening, weekenders.

Just gob back from my almost 12-hours date and I've had a great time. I've got so carried away that missed my crossfit workout). Coming to terms with my tablecloth a little bit.

Falling asleep and hopefully will get a good rest tonight.

See you tomorrow, weekenders.

Edit: I saw you discussed snoring earlier...I know women don't snore but sometimes I snore like a jet engine. I think it has something to do with genetics because my mother was the same way.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Good luck on your first day Andyh, I hope it went OK. First days at a new job are usually stressful.
thanks Sao. it was all fine thanks. I liked it enough that I'm going to go back tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good to hear Andy xx
Old 03-18-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done Andy!
Old 03-18-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Just spent 2 hours meal prepping for the week (the stuff I could anyhow) so now have ready to go in the fridge:

Turkey Chilli
New Potatoes with red onion and Dijon mayonnaise
2 x small turkey and fresh basil with kidney bean burgers (coated in my homemade breadcrumbs)
Lentil Pasta with pesto, green beans and broccoli
Tabouleh (bulgar wheat, lemon juice and olive oil with feta cheese and sweet pointed red peppers)
Coconut Bengali dhal

Got some salmon too but will cook that on the days I am gonna eat it!

This means that I have healthy meals ready to go with very little prep (10 mins at most) for all my meals this week!

Quite proud of myself lol xx
Old 03-18-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey Manta, similar feeling I get after I've prepped all my lunches for the week on Sunday Morning. Veggie and fruit packs, dip, yogurt & snacks. It was a real chore having to get ready for work AND make my lunch all the while feeling like crap. Now I get relaxing mornings all week, even time for breakfast.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I checked my calendar when I got to work today and forgot I've booked off the next two fridays. Burning off left over vacation days..... nice suprise.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Nice pic's vman thanks. That almost looks like a lap pool in the first one....
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
..."HA! Sober guy wins!"
Sober always wins!!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:27 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great pics Vinny

Dragon, brilliant surprise having two fridays on the bounce off, how could you forget

Manta, gosh your food prep sounds lovely and healthy and yummy.

Midnight, pleased your date went well.