SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Well, Hello (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436982-well-hello.html)

kinzoku 03-12-2019 01:24 AM

Well, Hello

I was really proud of my sober year and a half.

I still am.

I've done a lot since then. I got a new degree, new career, new job.

I can't say that alcohol has been my demise or anything.

But when things go rough I do turn to it and thats no good.

So i can't sleep tonight and a tough day at work looms ahead and I'm drinking beers when it is far too late at night.

And I thought about this place.

I thought about my sober time.

It wasn't like it was an awesome time. But it felt like an honest time. And a proud time.

So I'm not here to commit, but maybe I'm reaching out or...something.

AAPJ 03-12-2019 02:26 AM

It's been bothering you though - right? I know that struggle all to well. Welcome back. I hope you stick around.

Lascaux 03-12-2019 02:55 AM

Welcome! We've got a great bunch here, glad to see you!

Dee74 03-12-2019 03:06 AM

Welcome back Kinzoku :)

I remember being skittish myself.

No ones going to beat you about the head or try and tie you down...but I hope you stay around.

For drinkers like you and me, sober really is the only viable way to be :)

D

Stronger2017 03-12-2019 03:45 AM

Welcome back, Kinzoku. I had a couple of years sober and then started drinking again. I’m now back to 18 months. Life’s definitely better for me this side of the fence🙂

PhoenixJ 03-12-2019 03:51 AM

welcome

kinzoku 03-12-2019 10:21 PM

Today was tough. Last night I drank too much and didn't sleep. I think I knew I wanted to put myself in a bad place, maybe force my hand. I had work today.

Its not like other jobs I've had where you can tough it on with willpower because this job is 100% brainpower so it was really hard. I just drank tons and tons of water.

Got through. Had a date.

Quitting is hard and I feel tight lipped about everything now.

I just thought being hear would help and I'm here and I'm not drinking tonight.

Thank you all for your kindness.

doggonecarl 03-12-2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by kinzoku (Post 7142275)
I was really proud of my sober year and a half.

That year and a half sober is getting further and further back in time and will just be a blip on the screen if you keep drinking. If you want that sober time to matter, quit now and stay quit.

kinzoku 03-12-2019 10:31 PM

Thats my plan. One day at a time is where my heads at though today if im being honest

Dee74 03-13-2019 12:57 AM

ODAAT at a time was all I could commit to in the beginning - with the important proviso that I backed up my resolution to do everything I could to remain and continue being sober every morning.

I really didn't want to drink any more. Not one more drop.

D